Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used Table Saw Pricing? (Unisaw/PM66)

I was able to get an excellent deal on a 66 2 years ago. For $1,200 dollars I got a 1998 PM66 3hp w/ 52 inch fence, Jet JJ-6CSX Jointer AND a PM model 72 dust collector. I was able to sell the jointer and turned that into a 1hp, 4 wheel, 8 speed power feeder. If I sold the DC, I would have probably $600 into the 66. If you have patience, you will stumble on that great deal. Good luck.

Keep looking and one of those sweet running, older, truly Americian made machines will come your way. And when you're done with it at the end of your wwking days you can pass it on or sell it for more than you paid for it.

photo 3-9.JPGI picked up my 44 Unisaw for $600 last year. I don't consider that to be a gloatable price, but it was a good solid deal as it came complete with a cast iron goose egg cover and had been totally restored about 10 years prior to my purchase of it.

Since then, I've put $140 into a Biessy style fence that a fellow WW had totally restored and repainted and re-faced, bought a Biessy Ohead guard with dust collection for $200 and have built an extension table with router/sander insert and installed on a mobile base and built in a nice sidebox tool cabinet under the wing for accessories.

Mine has the 1HP Bullet 110v motor, I run it on a dedicated 20amp circuit and it runs strong.

So I've got about $950 into it plus some custom stuff, but man, what an honor to own and use it. I do wish it had T-slots in the table though, that'd be handy...

I've seen better deals, but I know I could always get my money back out of it if I ever needed to and I didn't have to run a new 220 circuit for it.

Julian

I paid $600 for my 1987 PM66 about a year ago off CL. It is a 3hp single phase. It came with the 52" biesemeyer fence, but didn't have the extension table or a mobile base. I bought a new table insert (~25), fabricated a mobile base using square tubing (~100), and bought the factory extension table w/ legs (~140 maybe?). It also doesn't have the dust cover that goes over the motor, and since I don't have DC hooked up I haven't worried about picking up a replacement yet. The table on mine wasn't a mirror finish and has some small dings from use, but no rust and nothing that affects the cut, and the cast extension tables line up fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Carteret View Post
    Thanks for the info Craig. Did you find yours on Criaigslist? If so, I've probably seen it on there. I've been looking in the 150-200 mile range from me, which puts some of them down around Indy (a bit too far), and pretty far up North.

Perhaps the most frustrating part of it is the ads on CL. Look people, it's FREE! You don't pay per word, so make it a halfway decent description! And if you're going to take a picture of it in your dark garage with poor lighting and no flash, well.... just don't....maybe call someone for help. LOL

Yes I found it on CL (Grand Rapids.) It was only up a few hours on the 7th. I bought it only a few minutes from the time it was posted. I'm basically retired but still do photography part time (mostly interiors for advertising,) and I agree CL is not going to win any photography awards (lol.) Anyway, enjoy the hunt! I'm still looking for a jointer and couple of things so I have my eye on the market. If I see a decent saw around I will let you know (private message.)

Julian, Nice saw! Pretty gloatable if you ask me.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Craig Ryder; 03-13-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Don't rule out the delta or rockwell 12-14. Unisaws and pm66 have a cult following with the owwm crowd so you can often buy the 12-14 or pm72 for the same money. Tablesaws are as cheap as I have seen in at least 5 years. 2000-2500 can buy a great oliver, tannewitz or northfield so your choices are almost limitless. 1000 to 2000 for a 12-14 or 72. Dave