Thread: Drum Liner for DC collector

Drum Liner for DC collector

I have a Oneida Pro Series unit that I use with a 55 gal steel drum and a bag gripper. I use a plastic liner but due to their expense (and the fact that I'm a tight old $%&^), I reuse each liner until I simply can't. I even patch holes with duct tape (forgive me father for I have sinned). With 4 or 5 mil bags running one to five dollars each, I wonder if any of you have had success using the common yard leaf variety that come on a roll?

Why don't you try the Husky 42 gallon contractor bags? They are a very strong 3 mils, come in rolls in a box that is set up for easy dispensing. There are 32 bags in the box. I don't remember what I've paid for them, but have been using them for decades. I do know that they cost nowhere near five dollars each, more like 50 cents each.

Ditto to David. The HD Husky bags are excellent and about 50 cents each. Only drawback is they are black and not see through. Minor issue really.

"What do you mean my birth certificate's expired?!"

If you use a 42 gallon bag won't that reduce your storage?
    McCormick Woodworking
    Liberty Indiana 47353

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McCormick View Post
    If you use a 42 gallon bag won't that reduce your storage?

I'm wondering how you get a 42 gallon liner to stay in a 55 gallon barrel??? Rubbermaid makes a plastic liner that fits inside a 55 gallon barrel. Go to the company web site and you can find it. Not sure how much it costs, but if you are emptying the bags, the plastic liner should be a little easier. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

If you don't mind black, the Costco that we go to in Michigan sells Kirkland 55 gallon drum liner plastic bags - buy them all the time for general use around the house. I think they are around $15 per box of 50.

Like Doug, I buy a box of drum liners, except I buy them at Home Depot.

If I remember correctly they are Husky brand at Home Depot................Regards, Rod.

The Rubbermaid is what I have been using and reusing - pretty pricey. I know that cheap drum liners are available, just wondered if anyone had had success with using them in a dust collector.

As indicated, Doug and I have been using the cheap liners without a problem........Rod.

Check out a commercial site like ULINE. I bought a box of 100 - 36" x 48" 4 mil clear poly bags for $89. These fit my drum easily and haven't failed me like the bags I tried from the big box stores.

-- Phil