Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

worked on the mirror I'm making, aquired some clamps that were my grandfathers and cleaned a couple a bit. Played in the snow with my kids and watched my daughter ride a snowboard for the first time. and I tell you she's a natural. which of course scares me.

I played Mr. mom on Saturday. I got my first shop time in a while on Sunday. I worked on an interesting little project designed by my 5 yr. old son. I'll make a post out of it when time permits. I attempted to shovel the snow off the driveway, but gave up on that idea when I realized it was actually a couple inches of ice.
    It was good and windy as I was chipping away at my truck. More than once I was blown down the driveway. It actually became kind of fun to "windsurf" the driveway.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Should be rockin' the shop/garage this weekend! Whoo-hoo...a major milestone. I'm just doing the little things here and there to get ready for the rockers. Yeah, I know...pics, and time to update my thread....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Got to take off most of Friday since I was out of town last week so I got to work on a few projects:
    - built a cabinet for under my workbench to hold my Leigh jig
    - cleaned up and repaired a childs table and chair set my mother gave us for my daughter. She figured she'd never get to it since she got it when my brother who is 23 was 2.
    - built a countertop for in my office in the shop. I did this as a trial to see if I could do it. It is covered with plastic laminate on top and on the front with an oak band showing through at the top edge. We're thinking of doing this in our kitchen which would involve building quite a bit of contertops if I do it myself. We decided we like it, so we may do another test when we redo our master bath.

That will probably be it for the next two weeks. I'm travelling for work again this week and next week we are taking a vaction to Vegas for a couple days.

Besides shoveling and trying to keep warm, I managed to gut my entire shop before settling in to watch some football last night...now I have all next weekend with no football to get some work done towards remodling it....

go pats!!!!

Finished my table saw Router Table and I am happy as a clam. I have been very busy with work and have had very little shop time so getting out there was really great here are a couple of pics. Thanks for looking
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is my weekend - inletting this lock into a smooth rifle test piece. About 8 hours of work in this little space. Almost all of it done with a 1/8" and 1/4" chisel.

I bought a chunk of plywood and started on a swivel-top tool stand. It's from a Wood workshop issue, and I'll put my planer and belt/disk sander on it. It's made from that one sheet of ply and some other scraps I had laying around, so it's going to be uglier than homemade soap. The edge banding is a combination of maple, red oak, ash, and something else I can't identify. Sort of a Frankenstein's Monster . . .

The shop is still too cold to work and after all the snow removal Sat. & Sun., didn't have a lot of energy left over for WW anyway. But my TurboCad order showed up Fri. so I got that installed this weekend and started thru the ref. manuals and tutorials.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Crawford
    This is my weekend - inletting this lock into a smooth rifle test piece. About 8 hours of work in this little space. Almost all of it done with a 1/8" and 1/4" chisel.
    Jerry,

I hear ya on the inletting or hand inlay stuff like that. Seems to take 4-ever!!! One thing that can reduce the amount of time carving into the wood like that is a dremel with the nice router base setup for the dremel and the straight cutter. That's what I use for cutouts on the custom knife boxes I make. Saves a lot of time and you can get is "close" with the dremel and then finish it off by hand. Works good.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean Dennis. I use exactly that setup to excavate most of the initial wood removal and to get a nice smooth initial bottom flat for the lock plate to index against. Once I start dropping in the individual pieces I have to switch to my small chisels (although I do occasionally cheat with the dremmel )

Almost Finished

This Hutch was built for one of my clients and I finished it this weekend. All that is left is the glass. I'm waiting for a glass cutter - hopefully today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly C. Hanna
    I put this new 350 into the C-20 on Saturday...am finishing up the final connections today. Easiest header installation I have ever done! My shop is full of truck parts, but the stack is getting smaller!!!

The whole story can be seen here...
    Kelly, I hope you post some photos of that ride when you are done! I've always wanted to build an old C-10 or C-20.

Chuck

Built a dust collection box for the miter saw AND a clamp rack for all the Bessey's. Finally have those clamps off the floor.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Fischer
    Kelly, I hope you post some photos of that ride when you are done! I've always wanted to build an old C-10 or C-20.

Chuck
    Will do Chuck. I'll have some new pages up when I finish with the motor break in.