Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1942 MOAK 32" "Special" Band saw restoration

Well,
    .......thats all , untill I get the final quality pictures of the entire Moak 32" "Special" BS.

B,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow,

Details, details, details. Some well thought out upgrades there. If it were a hot rod, it would be called a resto-mod. Love the blade guard.

Rick Potter

This has been an incredible thread! Thank you for sharing the work Brian! And I now blame you for my bandsaw madness.....I'm looking at an old saw right now and this has been truly inspiring. Does the lighting inside the cabinets come on when the saw is turned on? And I saw another saw in the background in one of the pics....another project??
    Can't wait to see the final pics!!

Wow! that's a sexy looking bandsaw. Better than most new saws on the market. A very well-done job!

Thank's guys for the compliments, means a lot to me, thank you!

The lights .....yes, I actually have a remote for that if I want to change things up. I am putting together some high quality pictures for this machine, you'll see............stay tuned

Thanks again guys.....thumbs up!

B,

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Crazy cool!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Well,

I finished the Angle helical rim and assembly for the angle adjustment on the table... 1 more coat of paint on the assembly and it's done. just a few odd and ends and I will have some final photos .......

B,

Last few pics untill next time......

B,

Thanks for sharing! Is the motor direct drive to the lower wheel? Dont know much about vintage bandsaws

Your welcome,
    Yes it is Barry....weighs in at 221 lbs......3hp/3ph...... 575 rpm

B,

Brain
    Love to see your workman ship. All screws evenly spaced, standoffs, metal grill, and flawless paint job way to go. As other have said can't wait to see her in operation. Tom

The thing is GORGEOUS! I really appreciate your work AND your desire to share it!!! BUT, I don't want no saw that it takes "45 mins" to change the blade. SORRY JUST JOKING!!!! I hope that made you smile as it was the intention. You really have done a fantastic job.

BTW for anyone interested it struck me the other day at an auction the number of people that butcher the pronunciation of Moak, there was a whole group of guys (old enough to remember BTW) saying "MOE-ak" it is "MOKE" like smoke.

So Brian what is the next project?
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Well,
    Probably the 1927 AWWM 16" buzz jointer, then the Oliver 1937 117A 30" band saw, next would be the 1929 Oliver 88D and finally a refresher on the 1909 Oliver 20C pattern lathe.....

Although , it may not be in that order.....

B,
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 05-19-2012 at 6:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    Well,

I finished the Angle helical rim and assembly for the angle adjustment on the table... 1 more coat of paint on the assembly and it's done. just a few odd and ends and I will have some final photos .......

B,
    was the angle setter part of the saw originally or added as a modification?

Brian is your AWWM jointer a #1 or #10? I have never seen a #10 in the wild. I have seen a three toed 8" glue jointer (they may have called it a #1 as well).

I vote for the Oliver table saw, do you have all the original pieces?

You are definately going to have some fun and some serious tonnage when you are do to.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.