Thread: Replacement Dust Collector Bags?

Blog Entries

Replacement Dust Collector Bags?

Hi all. I have a small Craftsman 650 cfm dust collector that could really use a new set of bags.

It says it uses "Unique bags" they have a ring built in to the bag and they pull up and into place... maybe all bags are like this. I have never looked. Anyway if anyone knows of a source for these bags I would really applicate a link. I think the bags are 21 gallon

also, whats your favorite place to get 4" dust collector hose?

I guess I should mention that I checked the Sears website and did not see the correct bags.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Andrew

Any chance you could post a picture of the bags you need? If I understand you right they sound like some bags we use at work and I might be able to help you out.

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Rockler sells a replacement 1.0 micron, 14" diameter filter bag for $29.99. (Item # 63624). I use one of these and a plastic lower bag on my Delta AP-400. I used original quick clamps from Delta to hold bag in place, but I also used a couple of these bags on a plenum and made an extra long hose clamp to fit. This may fit you unit.

Andrew - I had a Sears 1 hp dust collector with upper and lower bags. I replaced the top bag with a Wynn Environmental filter and inserted a 3 mm plastic bag inside the bottom bag (see attached photo). Jim
    craftsman DC.jpg

Forget the filter bag, and go with the Wynn 35A filter (or better yet, call Dick Wynn and ask for his recommendation for your specific DC), and just use a clear plastic bag to line your existing lower like Jim Falsetti mentions...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Oneida makes oversize bags that filter great and have good surface area:

http://store.oneida-air.com/retrofitfilterbags.aspx

Don't know if they will work or not. Had two on my Delta 1 1/2hp - great results.

Blog Entries
    why would you put a plastic bag inside the bottom cloth bag and not just use the plastic one and remove the cloth bag?