Thread: AMS South Africa

AMS South Africa

A question for the South African members - Has AMS folded or moved? I was in SA recently and just 'popped round' to stock up and ..... gone! I have sent an email but no reply. Bother. I am going back to SA in early April and wondered where in the Gauteng area I could get Rowmark, Flexibrass and LP-20.

Second question, is LP-20 the same as Thermark?

Carrol
    Epilog Mini 24 45w; Photoshop, CoralDraw and just about anything else that will work for me!

Im not sure about AMS , I don't deal with them.I would be surprised if they went under ?
    Flexi, Rowmark and IPI are available from Maizeys and Rubber stamp and engraving. However I am importing my own sheets of laserable engraving laminate as I find the local suppliers are crazy with prices , mine land me in at round R130 a sheet vs the R384 for 1.5 and R400+ for flexi that I am currently paying. Problem is , I had to order 500 sheets as a Minimum order quantity - about a years supply for me.
    We use Cerdek/Thermark , tried a few of the local products but get more consistent marks with the "real stuff" , who is suppling LP-20?
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Hi Rodney
    I don't use huge amounts of the stuff, a couple of sheets will keep me going quite a while so the cost of postage makes it very expensive. I got the LP-20 LasePaste from AMS, it has their label on with no details on the lable. It is grey and dries as a powdery coat that can be rinsed off with water and reused - very economical.
    I will pay Maizey a visit when I am in SA.
    Thanks
    Carrol
    Epilog Mini 24 45w; Photoshop, CoralDraw and just about anything else that will work for me!

We stay in Centurion,a suburb from Pretoria in South Africa
    Hi Carrol
    Yes AMS is no more.
    The Epilog agent in SA is Tracebility Solutions.
    You can contact Fiona Parker @ +27 11 794 5299 / fiona@tracecol.co.za

Regards
    Carla

Thanks Carla
    Will try and give them a ring when I am in SA

Regards
    Carrol