Thread: Performax PX12 cordless MF tool?

Performax PX12 cordless MF tool?

Anyone have one or used one?

If so, is it worth $20.00?

I picked one up yesterday @ Menards. It was on sale for $59.99, but has a $40.00 rebate - making it $19.99 ...well...kinda..(Menards rebates come in the form of a store credit - you get a rebate "check" but it;s only good at Menards)

Even my very frugal wife said it was a "too good to pass up" price.

I'm kind of 50/50 on it. I already have a Dremel and two of the HF corded tools.
    I did have a couple of cuts I made recently where I was thinking a cordless one would have been nice to have.
    Matter of fact, probably half the time I use one, it's for something that it tales longer to dig out an extension cord and hook it up than the actual cut takes - do - it's not something that I won't use.

Nobody?

Well, I guess I'm the guinea pig then .

I did open the package, plug in the charger & was greeted w/a "bad battery - replace" error when I stuck the battery in the charger. .
    I stuck the battery into the tool, hit the battery level button on it, which said it was @ half charge. Nice touch BTW for a cheap tool.
    Next I pressed the on/off switch which lit up the LED on the front - another nice touch for a cheap tool since a lot of times these types of tools go under sinks and other dark places.
    The LED lit up, so I took the battery out and this time firmly stuck it in the charger.

I was rewarded with a flashing red light - which means the battery is charging!

10 min later, the light switched to a slow flashing green - which means it was at a trickle charge, but, 98% full.

Slapped the battery back in the tool - stuck a scraper blade on it - BTW, the blades also fit the Dremel and vice versa - and took it for a test spin.

First impression:
    - Slow.
    - Not real heavy duty - sort of flimsy.
    - Works adequet for a "cheap tool".
    - Only time will tell if it lives up to the cost of a replacement battery if/when that time comes.