Thread: Is this Craftsman Combo Kit nice to go with?

Is this Craftsman Combo Kit nice to go with?

Hi, fellas. Was wondering anyone of u have experience with thisCraftsman C3 19.2 Volt C3 Combo Kit? How about it's performance? Is it nice stuff to go with?
    Actually, I was just attracted by it's price. But I'm not sure is it really that good. Any thoughts?

I've had one for a few years now. It's plenty powerful, battery life is good, and it's held up well. My biggest complaint is weight...both tools are pretty big and heavy. They're great when you need power to do a few screws, but if you plan to drive deck screws all day, the weight really gets to be a handful. The C3 platform offers a lot of tools to pick from. I wouldn't rate the quality on par with top professional sets, but its been hard to come up with any real beefs aside from size.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I have a good assortment of the 19.2 volt tools. I don't depend on them for my pay check, so they are fine for me.

John

Ditto on the above. I've had a set for years. They're OK. Not great. Not junk. The best thing is that you can get batteries at night from just about any K-mart or Sears. There is an amazing amount of other tools you can buy, from vacuums to a baby chainsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    I've had one for a few years now. It's plenty powerful, battery life is good, and it's held up well. My biggest complaint is weight...both tools are pretty big and heavy. They're great when you need power to do a few screws, but if you plan to drive deck screws all day, the weight really gets to be a handful. The C3 platform offers a lot of tools to pick from. I wouldn't rate the quality on par with top professional sets, but its been hard to come up with any real beefs aside from size.
    +1 It's a good set for the price, but I agree that they are heavy. If you want a lightweight drill set I really like the Makita (white, not the blue) drills.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock View Post
    +1 It's a good set for the price, but I agree that they are heavy. If you want a lightweight drill set I really like the Makita (white, not the blue) drills.
    heavy? I hate heavy stuff.

The Sears stuff is the same as Ryobi sold at Home Depot. Just a bigger battery pack. I like my Ryobi drill better than my Porter Cable.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I am not a big cordless fan, but I do have several of the C3 19.2 volt. They serve the purpose without putting you too far in debt for something that has a limited lifespan anyways. They do the job just fine by me.