Thread: Incra Tablesaw router top question

Incra Tablesaw router top question

Ok, I know this sounds stupid, but INCRA sells the left and right side router tables as well as the left, and are labled as such for use. My, albeit silly, question is this; Why could I not turn the INCRA table around and use it one the other side of the table saw? I see they have a cam locking mechanism for locking the insert to the table, but was curious if there was some reason I couldn't use the right on the left, or vice-versa. Thanks!

Matt

different sizes...

The left side table is 21" deep with no miter slot, the right side table is 32 inches deep and has a miter slot. Other than that, I see no difference (other than price), and judging by how they are mounted to the Incra fence rails it appears they could be mounted on either side and/or rotated to face in either direction.

I am curious why you are trying to out-engineer Incra? Do you want to use the cheaper left side table on the right side?

John, my first reply didn't take for some reason(I'm sure user error), and instead of retyping it all, I'll condense:

I'm assuming you mean width when you say "deep" correct? My table is 28" deep on both sides of the blade. They make a 28" and a 32"(for larger table saws) with 2 widths for each, one being 21" and one being 32". I don't really care about the mitre slot, and honestly am just wanting the extra surface for when I have larger sheets, but if a 21" wide top will suffice, I'll stick with that. If not, let me know. I CAN use my current extension PLUS the INCRA top, and give a little wider, but the reason I want the 32 is due to the fact that it will provide more surface area. the 32" W top is for the "Right" side, but I need it on the left due to the make-up of the saw. I just was curious if anyone had it and there was a reason it was like it is. I'm not trying to out-engineer INCRA AT ALL! Promise I have their LS-TS52, and the MAST-R-LIFT II and I have NO intentions of changing either, thus the reason I'm looking at their slightly more expensive top. Thanks!

Matt

I couldn't really figure out why Incra called one a "right" and one a "left" either. And now that I've installed the 21" on the left (in place of my left extension wing) I see no reason you can't switch them around. It's really up to you what table and rail arrangement you want.

Brian, thank you for your help. I really was kind of looking for someone that has one to see if there was some sort of "alignment" issue I may run into, or something else, but it sounds like I should be good to go that route...Thanks!