Thread: Woodworking resources near Menomonie, WI

Woodworking resources near Menomonie, WI

I am going to be moving my home and business to Menomonie, WI and was just wondering if there are any fellow creekers in that area who might know what is up in that area. Thanks in advance!
    Nick

I am about 45 miles from there what are you looking for?

When you get there look up Sam Konitzer. He has run a cabinet shop there for many years and should be able to steer you in the righ direction. Nice fellow.

Woodworkers Tool Works main office is about an hour and a half from Menomonie.
    They are suppliers of tooling for the woodworking industry for over 100 years and are now in process of building a new facility and setting up a school for woodworking. (hopefully by this fall).

Bobby.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-27-2011 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Removed link to personal web site. you CANNOT link to your own site per the TOS
    If I told you who I was or what I did, I'd get kicked out of here....
    (it's happened before...)

i live in black river falls and get most of my hard wood from granite valley hardwood. i make sure that order 500+ bf to get free delivery.

Look at the listings on Minneapolis Craig's List. Usually the materials section.

There are occasional postings for Menomonie, Eau Claire and other cities

Enjoy the cheese!

Bill

Everything really, but I would like to know of a good sawmill that I can buy lumber direct from. Also tool resources and such.

There is a small local sawmill in Spring Valley called Schmitt Timber, I have had good luck with him. Get him talking and he likes to show the machines he has in the back. Last time he was sawing up a truck load of white oak slats for some winery in Napa Valley to make wine barrels. Sawed me up a big thick slab for a fire place mantel. If your into turning he did have a stock pile of burls too.

Speciality Hardwoods west of Menomonie on 29 has stock that he sells at a resonable price. He specializes in moldings but always has a good supply of hardwoods. You can also find a lot of local farmers who cut and dry their own. I picked up a pickup load last year for $200 at an estate sale. It was a mix of walnut, elm, cherry, red oak and eastern red cedar.