Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ain't it spring yet

Ain't it spring yet

Anyone else sick of this winter? Another 6" of snow coming! I'm almost ready to join the south and listen to the tweety birds in the window sill, even if I have to learn to drink sweet tea.
    The Plane Anarchist

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    It's springtime here - 30mph winds all day!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wind, your talking Dakota territory here. 30 mph?? that ain't wind. The wind blew so hard today it blew up my furnace vent pipe and shut down my furnace because it went negative pressure on the high effiecency chininy/vent. Came home and it was 50 degrees in the house, lucky it is spring and not cold anymore, just 30F.
    Bruce, you ever ride a Triumph bike? Used to be a Bruce Page on the Trophy forum.
    The Plane Anarchist

Up to 12 inches predicted overnight here in Mid Michigan. Think maybe it may be part of the storm that hit the Dakotas in the past several hours.
    David B

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I've ridden a few but never owned one. I googled my name once, there's a lot of us.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

VA weather has been real nice. 70's today, 70's Wednesday.... then cools off to 50's and 40's for a few days. I'd rather the 70's stick around though.

Rain, Freezing Rain, Snow I love the end of March! Nothing like a birthday blizzard.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    Anyone else sick of this winter? Another 6" of snow coming! I'm almost ready to join the south and listen to the tweety birds in the window sill, even if I have to learn to drink sweet tea.
    We barely had a winter. 85 or so yesterday, same today. Tons of sunshine. Dogwoods and azaleas in full bloom. Birds singing. Oh, and stupid high pollen count. Lived in the south all my life and I don't drink sweet tea. Come on down!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

41" snow in the last 3 days, more coming through Sunday. I have had 162" total for the year. Welcome to sunny California.

Blog Entries
    I could brag about the low 80s we are having right now but then you guys wouldn't let me complain in July and August when the temp and humidity are both in the 90s (or higher).

4-5" here in Northern Jersey this morning. Supposedly there is more to come... It is officially Spring but what do I know...

Blog Entries
    Vicious weather out here during spring break at work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Less than three months ...

'til the days start getting shorter.

Just saying'

Arch

We're having thunderstorms right at this moment..... the cooler temps are on the way for a few days though.

Took me an hour and a half to clear my 300 foot drive way with my John Deere and my 60" back blade of close to 8" of heavy wet snow. Another inch fell while I was plowing. The regular plow guys put up their plows but had to haul them out again and if they are smart they will leave the plows on their trucks cause it ain't over until the fat lady wears her bikini.
    David B