Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Table Saw Blade Suggestion Request

Paul,

I'm glad it worked. They really are great blades and are selling very well in the industrial markets.

I should have had one of the ladies contact you directly. They are much better organized than I am.

Strangely enough many people prefer to talk to bright, attractive, charming young women over an old fart who wants to get technical.

I just got excited and gave away some blades.

Tom
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

I have received mine too. Turns out it was sitting at the front door which we don't use at all for few days already. I have not used it yet but I have to comment on how well it was packed. Cardboard box obviously designed and made specific to the size of the blade. Even UPS cannot damage it. I didn't take it out of the protective vacuum sealed like protective plastic protective cover. It is not made to look fancy with elaborate painted designs, teflon or not. It looks a non non-sense well made piece of tool. More to come... And, THANK YOU!

Tom,

I received my blade on Thursday and I had a little time to use it. I ripped some softwoods and it cut like butter. I also had some melamine that needed cut. My previous blade always chipped the melamine, requiring me to score it first. Even without a ZCI the Popular Tool blade cut the melamine perfectly without any tear out. I would consider myself an amateur wookworker and I don't really have much to compare it too, but I've been very happy so far (especially for the price!). Even looking at how much you sell it for on your webpage I would consider it an exceptional deal. Thanks again!

Pictures please....

Run a few test cuts and show some nice photographs of the cut line. Be sure to indicate the blade width, how the teeth are cut, etc.

I was recently looking at the blades on the site, but I was not familiar with them so I held off. I almost purchased another blade with an OK reputation, but it did not produce a glue-line ready edge. My primary blade does produce a glue-line ready edge, that I still sometimes touch-up with my hand plane.

My combo-blade even does a pretty nice job on plywood, but I usually drop in a different blade for that. Curious to hear how the blades perform on different materials.

Tom, I also received my 80 tooth blade last week, and got a chance to put it to use it this weekend. I replaced the 40-tooth Freud Fusion blade on my table saw with the Popular blade and used it to make numerous cross cuts on prefinished maple plywood using a crosscut sled while working on a cabinet project. Very smooth cuts, especially on the top, comparable to the Fusion if not slightly better, although the Fusion has been in use for a while and will be ready for sharpening soon. I would definitely recommend this blade, and it will make a nice addition to my arsenal, thank you very much. I took some shots of the Popular blade (top) compared to the Fusion (middle) and a Forrest WWII (bottom). The carbide width (not kerf) on the Popular & Fusion are comparable at about 0.110", and the WWII is a whopping 0.140" or so. Also, some shots of the cut on prefinished maple plywood.

Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images