Thread: Titanium screw supplier?

Titanium screw supplier?

Okay, so I just upgraded my wheels. Well, the two-wheeled, human-powered set of wheels, anyway, and, as the title might imply, I chose a "lofty" material for the frame.

So a little bit of the OCD in me wants to use titanium fasteners when I attach accessories. Does anyone know of a supplier? I've searched McMaster-Carr, McFeely's and Fastenal, but none of them sell what I want.

Here are the specs:

M5 thread
    10 or 12mm length (12mm preferred)
    socket head (Allen/hex, can be tapered)
    fully threaded

I'd like to get a package of maybe 25-50, but I don't want to be paying the online cycling store prices of $4-$15/pair. I'm sure there's a mark-up in there...even $1 per screw would probably be okay.

Thanks!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Last edited by Russ Filtz; 03-26-2011 at 8:55 PM.

I used to make them as a part of the line of titanium bike parts I used to make. There's a reason why they are so darned expensive! The machine used to do it was around $500K and the smaller the titanium stock, the more expensive it gets. With the expensive tooling and frequent tool crashes caused by the tools wearing out, it was indeed hard to make money on them. Some people that used to do it all those years ago were SRP, Ultimate Machine, Cambria, Racebolts, and a few others.
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings