Thread: Bosch GCM12SD

Bosch GCM12SD

Does anyone own the new Bosch Glide Miter Saw? Just wondering what your thoughts are on it.

The reason for this post is is to find what the footprint is on various saws. I am building a set of wall base cabinets and am planning on having a drop down for my scms. I currently have an old Dewalt that only requires a 24 in. wide space to drop it into. But I will be upgrading some day and want to build the cabinets to accommodate the new saw. The bosch is what I was thinking of but might consider other gliders that don't require a lot of room behind the saw.

Dan.

Sry to bump but I am installing the cabinets tomorrow and I am 60 miles away from the nearest store to measure the various saws. My plans are to place 3 cabinets, leave room for the saw, then start placing the other cabinets. I will build the support for the saw later, but I have to place the cabinets the right distance apart. I was thinking about 28 inches apart. Any saws wider than that out there?

I have tried searching the internet but can't find the footprint of any of these saws.

Dan - I don't own one, but have my eyes on it (although I have not seen one in person yet). Here is the information I have gathered regarding its footprint thus far.

Depth = 32 3/8
    Width = 26 1/2
    Clearance needed from wall = 12" (allows rotating the table for a 45 degree cut)
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Thanks for the reply. That helps me a bunch!!

We have one that I just installed with extension tables. If you can hold of until tomorrow email me and I'll take the measurements. The space requirements from side to side are pretty typical when considering the extremes the saw is capable of (not that you'd use them much) 50º left, 45º Bevel and 60º right, 45º bevel.