Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few photos of my shop and some of my OWWM's

A few photos of my shop and some of my OWWM's

This is a photo of the workbench I made this last summer:

I hafta get my ducting for my cyclone done:

Thanx for looking
    Doer

Great looking shop. Without a doubt the cleanest shop I've ever seen.
    Dennis

What's that you have for floor?
    Nice Harleys!!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Beautiful shop. What is the size?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    If I had enough room to park 3 motorcycles and have room left over I would think I had died and gone to heaven. Nice shop.

Blog Entries
    David,

A great shop.

You dont see a shop like that every day.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

PHM

Tks for the nice comments. To answer some of the questions and a bit of added information: The shop tapes 30' wide 50' long. I contracted the concrete and then I hired two guys to help me frame with 10' walls and engineered trusses, these guys also helped me with the windows and the sheet metal. I wired the entire facility and installed the central heat and air system as well as the ducting, I plumbed the shop and I have a bathroom with a shower and since I plan to renovate the kitchen in the live in house, I plumbed and wired for an electric oven for a kitchen in the "Dawg-Haus (shop)" so we have a place to eat while I build cabinets here. I install all of the insulation except I hired someone to blow 18" of glass in the ceiling, I stained and sealed the floor and built the long orange and black Harley Davidson racing colored cabinet that houses my RAS and Mitre Saw. I have a High Definition plasma tv with surround sound, a kegaretor with Sammy Adams for when the work is done....Since I have been in the dawg-haus most of my life, I thought I would make one that was comfortable. I then built a proper workbench and my next project is a cabinet for the kitchen on the end you really can't see by the beer fridge and then I will build a proper bar. I presently have several old woodworking machines all dating from the 50's to the mid seventies except for my Delta HD shaper which is a 1980. Anyway, thank you so much for looking and a question: Is a shop ever finished?

Doer

What kind of wood machining do you do with those wheeled things?

Very nice shop, could you tell me more on how you stained and sealed the floor.

Nice shop. Wished I had the room for just one bike! Oustanding job, looks as if your in for the long haul on the house shop and property. LOL ya just get it done and its time to move.

VERY NICE shop. I love the black planer with the orange racing stripe

I envy all that space!

Must be nice to have room to install ducting and buy new machines... etc heh

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Eihausen View Post
    Very nice shop, could you tell me more on how you stained and sealed the floor.
    I'd also like to know more about your floor. I'm going to do my garage floor when it warms up, and I like the looks of yours much better than the gray I had planned.

Nice shop and great pictures! Thanks much for sharing it!

Sweet shop you have there David. Thanks for the look see..

Floor looks to be acid stained then sealed with clear...

-- John
    "No matter where you go, there you are" -- Buckaroo Banzai