Thread: DNA source

DNA source

I am going to try the DNA method of drying blanks, since so many of you speak highly of it.

I looked at the shelf at the local hardware store - WOW! $16 for a gallon of DNA.

Where can I find DNA in a 5 gallon container for a reasonable price?
    Quando Omni Flunkus - Moritatem!

Depends on how much your going to use Chris. I have 3 gal of DNA in a 5 gal paint bucket w/ a 3 gal nail bucket that just happens to fit like a glove over the top. Due to that my evaporation rate is very low. I add maybe 2 gal a year. Saying that, I am just starting to use DNA on a regualr basis rather than 3-4 times a year. We'll see how that goes!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Chris I buy 5 gallon buckets of DNA at the local Sherwin Williams (paint store) and the last time I bought one it was about $47.00. I think the manager gave me contractor price (wouldn't hurt to ask for the contractor price). This works great for me because that = less than $10 a gallon.

I think someone said that they were able to order a 5 gal bucket at an Ace Harware for a price that was similar.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Chris - I buy mine a gallon or 2 at a time from Menards. Every once in a while they put it on sale for $8.50 a gallon and I pick up a couple. I use the plastic bag/box of shavings method and really only need a gallon or less to soak a form. If you plan on soaking multiple turnings all at once - then I can see getting 5 gallons and a large sealed container. Other than that - especially just starting out - pick up a gallon and see if you like the process before jumping in.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

What Scott said ... I am headed to Sherwin Williams tomorrow for just that. Although I am a gen contractor and have used my painting subs' account before ... It never hurts to ask, the worst they could say is NO ..