Thread: Finally found a Walker-Turner 16" band saw!

Finally found a Walker-Turner 16" band saw!

I've been on the hunt for over a year for one of these. I let one slip through my fingers because of bad timing, not again. It's a Craigslist find, I called 10 minutes after the ad popped up and told the seller I'd take it.
    Here she is, built like a tank.

Now I just need to completely restore it!

Sal

Nice...my father picked one up several years ago for me...ended up keeping it himself! Take us along your restoration route; I always love following those threads.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Good score!
    so Deco!

Have fun, Sal! These are awesome machines!

Sal,I have 2 w/t band saws a 16 and a 14 that we totaly re did, sand blasted,re bering,new tires ( if you need to retire there is a gentman that can put the beval on the tires,he is in VA) There isnt enought money in the world for me to trade the saws in. The orginal paint color can be had at B/M if you need let me know and I will get you the color mixture.
    Ken Toupin toupink@cox.net phone # 757-639-3425 Lots of luck and enjoy/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Nice...my father picked one up several years ago for me...ended up keeping it himself! Take us along your restoration route; I always love following those threads.
    Amen.

You're going to have yourself one heck of a saw, when this is over.

Congratulations on your patience paying off !

Most excellent!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Great Catch! Your W-T looks really complete! If no cast iron is cracked, your resto will be E-Z! (and cheap)
    Best of Luck!
    ~Chipz~
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Toupin View Post
    Sal,I have 2 w/t band saws a 16 and a 14 that we totaly re did, sand blasted,re bering,new tires ( if you need to retire there is a gentman that can put the beval on the tires,he is in VA) There isnt enought money in the world for me to trade the saws in. The orginal paint color can be had at B/M if you need let me know and I will get you the color mixture.
    Ken Toupin toupink@cox.net phone # 757-639-3425 Lots of luck and enjoy/
    Well, I'm only 35, so it's a little early to "retire" . Kidding aside, I'm definitely going to have to change the tires, but I've done it and crowned them before. It's messy, but not that hard.

Here it is sitting next to an Oliver 192 18" saw, just to get a perspective on size.

Sal

I love the way they cast the three beads all the way down through the base! Awesome looking saw.

I have a couple of Walker-Turner drill presses and I would not trade them for just about any other. One weighs over 1k and has power feed for threading and reverse.

I'll trade you my Delta twenty for that saw as she sits............

Larry