Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duplicate Stationary Tools - You Too? Why?

I have NO duplicate stationary tools. Even though I sometimes think I am a tool junkie, it appears that I am not! Thank you all for releasing me from my guilty feelings. I now feel liberated and normal.
    p.s. If any of you want to feel liberated like me by freeing yourself of those duplicate tools, send me a PM

[QUOTE=Larry Edgerton;1674983but anthing that was saved was put into her horses. Now there is a great investment.[/QUOTE]

So she was investing in glue? Its a long game strategy to say the least....

I have three shapers at home to make cabinet doors easier, I could certainly do it with one, but I'm frankly much too lazy to sell the extras so I might as well use them if I'm going to keep them. Otherwise its one of each stationary machine for me. At work there are multiples of most machines, including DP, shapers, sliding TS, cabinet saws, BS. But its a commercial shop with 8 guys, so you need multiples to keep the lines to a minimum, and some of the tricky work is easier with dedicated sets ups left in place until a batch of parts is processed, in case any of the parts gets blown out at any point in the process. Of course there are always extra parts made, but old uncle Murphy seems to have a way of seeing you always need one more extra than you made.

David and Chip, we need video shop tours. I wanna see some arn!

I have a mini and a floor model lathe - does that count?

0 shapers, but I'm thinking about that. I'd like to have a smaller bandsaw for curves. If I came across a larger dp, I might keep my current.
    Where did I put that tape measure...