Thread: Remote for a Woodcraft Dust Collector Remote Control System

Remote for a Woodcraft Dust Collector Remote Control System

I was able to buy one of these at a Garage Sale for $5.00 but the seller had no idea of where the remote control was for it.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...0V-Remote.aspx

Woodcraft sells the remotes for $21.99. Does anyone know where else I might be able to buy a similar remote control switch? I am trying to prevent a "great deal" from turning into a "so so" deal.

Bill

For $21.99 (+ the $5.00), you still have a great deal. IMO.

"What do you mean my birth certificate's expired?!"

Agreed.

That's cheap.

The best option -- IMHO -- is the Long Ranger, and it's ... something like twice the price.

I've been using two "Long Ranger" units for several years....little more money up front, but they'll work from anywhere on my property.
    "Good judgment comes from experience....unfortunately, most experience comes from BAD judgment" Will Rogers

Sure, the Long Ranger is great. Great price on Amazon too for it. I have the system as well and it has worked perfect for the past 10 years for me. Bill, check out the price on amazon for the Long Ranger unit. You only lose $5.00 on your deal and end up with a great DC control.
    Last edited by Neil Bosdet; 04-02-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: wrong info

"What do you mean my birth certificate's expired?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jackson View Post
    I've been using two "Long Ranger" units for several years....little more money up front, but they'll work from anywhere on my property.
    Ron,

HALF the time yours is going on and off, it's because I'M hitting the button, from Colorado

Neil; Would you please turn it back on for about three minutes ?........I really need to make two more cuts !
    "Good judgment comes from experience....unfortunately, most experience comes from BAD judgment" Will Rogers

The happy ending to my saga is that I bought a remote control for the dust collector base from the local Woodcraft store that is closing. They are selling everything at a 30% discount. Total investment: $21.36.

Not to bash their employees, but one of them told me how all of the remotes won't work with all of the bases. He told me that he had to take home 8 different remotes before he found one that would work with his base. Evidently he didn't bother to read the directions to learn that you have to set the 8 dip switches in the remote to match those in the base unit!!

Bill

Glad that you got it and at a deal - bummer that you are loosing your Woodcraft store