Thread: Help with Wood ID

Help with Wood ID

Not sure what this wood is or if I should go back and get more... Does it look familiar to
    anyone? I've included a picture of the tree to help.

Picture 007.jpgPicture 008.jpgPicture 006.jpg

2. I cannot say for sure, but it has a similar grain appearance and color to Osage Orange.......[Bois 'd arc.] I have only turned a couple of pieces of OO, but the close growth rings certainly are similar, and the coloration is also...............I am sure there are much more knowledgeable folks on this forum that could either confirm or tell what is is.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Not certain David, but it looks a lot like like Mulberry, though fresh cut Mulberry is usually a more yellow color, bark and tree shape is right for Mulberry, also the bark tells me it is not Osage, that I do know for certain.
    Have fun and take care

4. Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    Not certain David, but it looks a lot like like Mulberry, though fresh cut Mulberry is usually a more yellow color, bark and tree shape is right for Mulberry, also the bark tells me it is not Osage, that I do know for certain.
    Thanks Leo.........I was hoping you would chime in........I only took a stab in the dark related a bit to wood color.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Can't help with the ID, but if it's free, go back and get more.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

The color is more yellow than the pictures show. I think I'll go with Mulberry for now. At least until the leaves come back and I can verify. Thanks Leo!

Yup...Leo hit it. We have mulberry all over the place. The birds love the berries.....and they like to digest them and deposit the lovely colors on my car!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson