Thread: Help with deburring wheel

Help with deburring wheel

Hi, I have the chance to get two 6"x1" 3m wheels and I want to know if I can put them together to make a 6"x2" wheel. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't unless the center of the wheel is much thinner than the working part. Even then, you could put a spacer between the wheels so that the working part is pulled tight together but the arbor is tight and won't slip.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

sounds good Mike, thanks for the clarification.

Most of the deburring wheels I've seen have very large arbors. I turn a piece of wood so that it fits tightly into the arbor and then put about three short screws into the line between the wood and the wheel (to hold the wheel on). Check how big the arbor is and whether you can handle it before you buy. And, of course, if you have a lathe you can use that to spin the deburring wheel. Note: the work gets hot when used against a deburring wheel.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.