Thread: Now what do I do?

Now what do I do?

I recently posted that I came into 24'X32"X.5" of corian counter top. The price was right considering my Scotish heritage. It cost me a half hour to remove it. I have produced a lifetime supply of TS troat plates and a boat load of runners to make sleds and jigs for the miter slots. Today I lifted the 1" mdf router table top and put a layer of corian under the top to stiffen it hoping to reduce any flex. Since I have so much left, I am looking for anything and everything I can make out of the balance of the material. I thought I would make setup blocks for each rail & style set since I also have 28'X5" of 1" and 28'X2.5" of 1.5". What can I do with all this stuff? I 'almost' have more than I know what to do with. I would appreciate whatever suggestions you ingenious folks would offer.

Off the top of my head:
    router fence faces,
    tablesaw fence face
    tablesaw extension wing surface
    circle cutting jig for handheld router.
    drill press table

Thanks Dan, and I did make faces for the t/s and router table fences.

I should have searched better first - I'd have found this thread... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...15-Corian-uses

Now I'm going to have a go at some inlay templates.

Is there anyone 'close' that would be interested in sharing my good fortune?

If you have a planer, you can put a layer on top of the table which makes your boards slide through much easier than on cast iron. Woodmaster offers this for their planers. I use plexiglas for router table inserts. Make my own rather than buy them, in 1/2". Corian is just colored plexiglass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    If you have a planer, you can put a layer on top of the table which makes your boards slide through much easier than on cast iron. Woodmaster offers this for their planers. I use plexiglas for router table inserts. Make my own rather than buy them, in 1/2". Corian is just colored plexiglass.
    Not colored plexiglass. It is a filled acrylic (ATH) and is a lot stiffer than plexi. Works well with carbide tools. Also can break fairly easily if you machine anything with a sharp inside corner (stress riser). Can be easily glued up into many assemblies if you can find somebody to sell the correct adhesive to you. You will not be able to buy Corian brand adhesive unless you have a license to do so from Duponte.