Thread: Ask This Old House mobile workbench

Blog Entries

Ask This Old House mobile workbench

At the end of a recent show Kevin and Tom were showing off their new Ask This Old House Workshop. The demonstrated and adjustable height mobile woodworking bench. I went to their site, but their search function didn't seem to be working and I could not locate the manufacturer of that workbench. Anyone know who makes it?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Can't answer your question but I saw that episode today. Could have been a rerun. Anyway, I noticed the work bench and my thought was that it looked like it would take two people to adjust the height.

Just found this: http://hardwareaisle.thisoldhouse.co...old-house.html
    Last edited by Jim Rimmer; 04-09-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added link

Noden Adjust-a-bench. There are several threads on them here, apparently the adjustable height legs are no where near as rickety as they look. I recall reading from someone that it was rock-solid actually. I'm thinking it was one of the mods that had one, but do a search for that and you'll find some threads.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Noden Adjust-a-bench. There are several threads on them here, apparently the adjustable height legs are no where near as rickety as they look. I recall reading from someone that it was rock-solid actually. I'm thinking it was one of the mods that had one, but do a search for that and you'll find some threads.
    IIRC, Jim Becker has one.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

I was wondering about that bench when I saw the show also. I did a little digging in my stack of woodworking magazines, and came up with the one I think is the same one.It appeared in the "American Woodworker" magazine on page #48 written by Tom Caspar. The bench is named
    Noden Adjust A Bench, (leg set, $430.00 + $50.00 S&H. from the company) you build the bench
    to your specs or use their featured plan and diagram. Hope this helps...........