Thread: Powermatic model 66 TS new notor not starting - HELP!!

Powermatic model 66 TS new notor not starting - HELP!!

I've wired the new Baldor 3hp, single phase motor per the tag on the motor. I have #1 Blue and #8 red wired together with the white lead. I have the #4 yellow wired to the black lead and I have the Brown J and black #5 together. Nothing. Not even a hum. Any ideas?

Was the old motor 3 phase? If so, one of the magnetic controller wires is on the now dead leg.

John

It was single phase as well.

First make sure you have power at the receptacle, and the breaker is not tripped. If the starter is magnetic, the contacts should snap shut when START is pushed, even if the motor will not run.

Check that the new motor is not DOA and runs directly on 230v current. Do this by connecting a cord with plug directly to the motor connections you mention above. Plug in the cord and the motor should fire up. If the motor is equipped with an external reset button push it and see if it clicks.

Check all connections in your motor starter. You should have voltage between T1 and L1; T2 and L2 when the starter is ON. Make sure the motor starter overload has not tripped.

Let is know what you find.

~Chip~
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 04-11-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Turns out the reset was broke in shipping. Took it to the local Baldor authorized repair station. They'll replace the reset button or the motor. Hopefully I'll have it back this week. Thanks, Tim