Thread: Major Gloat

Major Gloat

Well, ok i know, it's been a while since I posted anything but I've been kinda busy and good fortune has come my way.

First of all I finally have my web site up and running, it needs a little more work but I have my domain registered and e-mail accounts.

Secondly I have been accepted into the Riverside Arts Market which is a juried market and I'm really excited about that.

http://www.riversideartsmarket.com

I've been there 3 times and so far I have sold a few things but more importantly I've met people who really like my work and that may lead to new opportunities.

I now have connections with people who restore furniture and on occasion will need a piece custom turned. I have met people who may be interested in some commissioned work.

I have also been approached by Venues Event Planning and invited to participate in another juried arts market in Ponte Vedra Fl, at Sawgrass Village, which is part of the PGA tour. The dates of the arts festival are May 7th and 8th, the PGA tour starts on May 9th so I looking forward to a good crowd.

http://www.venuesplanning.com/Event_Details.html

I don't really consider myself to be the artsy type and I guess I'm going to have to learn how to rub elbows with people I'm not really used to being around, so wish me luck. If anyone has any advise they would like to share I would like to hear for you.

Glenn
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-11-2011 at 2:53 PM. Reason: removed direct link to personal commercial website
    Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. Its much more fun.

Congrats! Looks like good things are coming your way.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Glenn..congrat's on your good fortune. I checked out your site and it looks great. Good luck with sales.

Go for it Glenn, The world out there awaits you and your "stuff"
    Jim
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is probably not for you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    But rather learning to dance in the rain

Congrats Glenn. Give it a go.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I like it!

I think you're off to a fantastic start from sounds of things. I like the website, nicely laid out and great variety of items and categories.

Good luck at the shows and have fun in your asylum...I love that name!! So fitting.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Glenn - Congrats on being accepted to Riverside Arts Market! I hope it leads to many sales for you! Same goes for the Sawgrass Village show - hope you sell lots of your work!

I believe you can add a link to your website somewhere in your personal profile page. That way when folks want to check it out - they can find the link.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Cool!! Congratulations Glenn. Oh...and you asked us to wish you luck....Good Luck!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Kudos, Glenn!! Great news, and I hope it turns into great things for you.

Nice job Glenn. The key to dealing with the artsy types is to leave your firehouse manners at home. They tend not to understand good nature ball busting.
    Matt Newton
    IAFF Local 2664

non illigitimi carborundum

Nice site Glenn. Congrats and good luck with the sales.

Matt, I think the only ones that understand firehouse etiquette are firemen.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.
    Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. Its much more fun.