I have been super busy the last few month's between work, doing a complete shop overhaul and rearrangement and general cleanup for better function. I have not done any turning besides a natural edge bowl in the last 3 month's. Still working on the shop, but have finally gotten to do some turning. I will post on that later.

One thing I hate doing is cutting up wood for use. My Jet 14" with riser block bandsaw does the job but cutting bigger blocks is a bit slow. I can use the chainsaw but that is not always efficient either as I have to drag everything out to use it. I have wanted a big bandsaw for a long time but as always the money is always a question.

A couple or Saturday's ago I was teaching a turning class at one of our local woodworking machinery stores. A man came in and ask if anyone wanted a big bandsaw. He was willing to sell it cheap. I ask how big and what it was He said it was a blue Jet 24" and all he wanted was $500. I could not pass it up. Overall it is in pretty good shape. Tires are good, bearings are good and even had a good blade on it. I finally was able to bring all 1100lbs home this evening. It may take a couple of weeks to get it going but sure it will cut a little faster.

Here is a phone pic I think it was a pretty good buy. IMG00215-20110406-1823.jpg

Thanks,

Alan