Thread: Dubby Sled Issue

Dubby Sled Issue

While I was in the hospital recently for surgery I discovered someone was messing with my tools in the basement. I suspect my son. The problem is that whoever it was moved my Dubby sled and stood it on edge on the floor. There it absorbed some moisture though a crack in the floor and swelled up. It is on the leading edge but I am unsure about cutting it off. If I do then I will also have to cut the miter bar and drill and tap another hole as one of these would be cutoff in the process. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Andy Kertesz

Wow. THAT's not good

What's the table made of ?

Could it be sanded flat ?

Could it be clamped between two boards, and ... I mean ... REALLY tightly, so that it flattens as the moisture escapes ?

Have you talked to the manufacturer ?

My first thought would be .... you have the opportunity to try ANYTHING before you cut, so ... I'd probably try a whole bunch of other things, first.

Good luck !

I would contact Jerry Cole (inventor of the Dubby), you could probably buy a new board.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
    Albert Einstein

Jon,

Thanks for the suggestion. Don't k now why I didn't think of that... must be the "Old Timers" setting in.

Thanks,
    Andy Kertesz

I asked Jerry Cole about buying a new board for mine, several years ago and he said that you could in fact do that. Try calling hem and see how tyou make out.

CPeter

Two weeks ago, at The Woodworking Show, I asked Jerry about getting a replacement table for when I change out my saws. He said to call the factory and they would sell me one. It's actually considered a "wear item." The arc for tha radius will eventually get worn from tee nut, and finish will wear off, despite slick tape, plus the edge will wear from the blade

Hi, awhile ago i called Jerry to replace my damaged board, they sent me a new one and i tranfered the fence and slider bar. Cut the old one down ,put a wood slder on and use it on the right side as cut off catch.

I spoke to Jerry today and ordered a replacement. It is supposed to ship on Monday.

Hi Andy,
    How much did it cost to replace the board?

The board, Mylar strips, and shipping is $55. If there is a next time I will probably try and make my own.