Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Wood Drying Discovery

If you and Hart are ever within a thousand miles of each other, I want fair warning so I can depart to the other hemisphere.

I note that no one has, as yet, commented on the necessity that the old sock (with which you are burnishing the finished piece) be one worn by an old Alaskan gold miner, for approximately 20 years(continuously), and then thrown to the wolves, who digested it and then....

"...no one has, as yet, commented on the necessity that the old sock ...be...worn by an old Alaskan gold miner, for approximately 20 years..."

Actually, that's a complete misconception propagated by Alaskan second hand stores in a blatant attempt to exploit gullible turners who happen to be passing through...
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    "...no one has, as yet, commented on the necessity that the old sock ...be...worn by an old Alaskan gold miner, for approximately 20 years..."

Actually, that's a complete misconception propagated by Alaskan second hand stores in a blatant attempt to exploit gullible turners who happen to be passing through...
    Oh? And where were YOU getting the sock????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ginsberg View Post
    David, I bet there aren't many out there that know what schmaltz is...
    Isn't it on the store shelf right next to the Pabst?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

While the rest of you hapless souls scoff and make light of this "skillet fried" discovery, I, on the other hand, have not idly wasted my time in such wasteful activities!

I have liquidated my existing 401K funds, and re-invested in free range chicken farms. Now, we will see who laughs last!!

Being a Northwest coaster living out among the as yet somewhat untamed Native American population and the land of the salmon, we have used salmon oil as a lubricant and all around health tonic for whatever ails ya and I am seeing something on the horizon here. Just starting to come into focus now......................

You are either:
    A) Completely correct
    B) Completely incorrect
    C) Partly correct but mostly incorrect
    D) Partly incorrect but mostly correct
    E) Trying to start a fight
    F) Bored out of your gourd
    G) All of the above
    H) None of the above

Attached Images Attached Images
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

"...And where were YOU getting the sock????"

I have some that I have worn for 20 years (continuously).

"I have liquidated my existing 401K funds, and re-invested in free range chicken farms."

Oh, that's just great. Wouldn't you know somebody would have to rush in and corner the market?!?!

"...If you and Hart are ever within a thousand miles of each other, I want fair warning..."

Actually this is all Hart's fault. It's because the giant exhaust fan he built (Oh , no... he never mentioned that one, did he?) has created a disturbance in the planet's air currents causing the lacquer fumes to flow directly into my back yard.
    David DeCristoforo

You know, at one time I thought I was the member of very sane group of people... well things do change I reckon.

"The best things in life are not things."

"...things do change I reckon..."

Are things really changing...? Or were you just deluding yourself to begin with?
    David DeCristoforo

Sure, John K. thinks he's so smart. My 401K went into ORGANIC LAQUER FARMS, who's got the last laugh now. Won't be long before I can buy another chuck with proceeds from my investments! Chickens Scmickens, HA

What in the world have you been smoking David?? Your self portrait on your post sort of says it all. You look as though you live behind the uncertain curtain. Keep us posted as to the "progressive path of poultry pathology". Guys, it almost seems that we need to have an intervention take place here to help David out.

David,
    Since John seems to have cornered the chicken market aspect of this little venture, perhaps you could get in tough with the producers of Saturday Night Live to see if they accept submissions from freelance copy writers.

Oh, and by the way...isn't Schmaltz the name of the brewery where Laverne & Shirley worked???

In the meantime I'll continue to boil my wood (in water, thank you) in a turkey frier, then nuke it until it's fit for a sandwich.
    Will Turn for Coffee

"...isn't Schmaltz the name of the brewery where Laverne & Shirley worked???"

Nope... that was the "Schotz" brewery.

"What in the world have you been smoking...it...seems that we need to have an intervention take place here.."

Well now, that's just great. Try to give something back and next thing you know guys in white coats are showing up on your doorstep. Your lack of gratitude is appalling. Next time I'm just keeping my discoveries to myself...
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    Next time I'm just keeping my discoveries to myself...
    At least until after you buy up every chicken west of the mississippi....