Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowstorm (or why I didn't get to turn today!)

Snowstorm (or why I didn't get to turn today!)

Yea I know it is not turning but this is the reason I didn't turn today. I was hoping to do a HF vase and try some dye's on it but spent the day digging out. We couldn't get out the back door at all and I had to brace myself and push the front door open. Snowblower did no good as it was so wet and heavy. I just finished and am dog tired so the HF will have to wait. First is the side of our house which faces North, next is the driveway, and the last is the back door.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

WOW!!! Just think Bernie, it's only 3 more months until summer!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Ahhh... Spring in Kansas? That can't be good for the local farmers and yard enthusiasts.

The snow God is angry with those folks in Kansas!

Summer is coming Bernie!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Man, that is the last thing I want to see. Just started cleaning up thinking spring had sprung. I hope that is not heading this way. Hope it melts fast!

Yikes!!! Hope it melts quickly enough without causing flooding. Reminds me of the year in Boulder CO, we got about 30" on May 8th. Trees were down all over because they were already leafing out, so more snow accumulate on them than the branches could support. Wasn't turning then, so couldn't take advantage of any of that downed wood.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

That stinks. It's about what it's looked like here for the last 5 months, until about a week ago. My sympathies...

WOW - that's a lot of snow for April 15th. We might get an inch tonight up here. Very cold and windy today. Stay safe!

WOW - looks like you got your exercise for the day! Good thing is that you know it won't last very long! We have been getting conflicting forecasts - lots of snow or rain/snow mix. Will find out first hand tomorrow!

Looking forward to seeing your hollow form - when you get the chance to finish it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Geez Bernie! Must be rough living in the Bermuda Triangle of Kansas! We didnt get the snow, but the wind has been gusting up to 40-50+ and COLD! Still better than the hail we got a couple days ago.

Got a club meeting tomorrow in Wichita, so get the chains on the truck tires and starting heading east!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Thanks all. Yep the wind at times was sustained at 63 mph. Scott our windchills were around 0 deg at times yesterday. The other problem was it was so wet and heavy each shovel full felt like 100 lbs. I did get my exercise but also got some rest inbetween. It has melted quite a bit but still has a ways to go. Summer can't come fast enough. The older I get the worse winters get.

Steve we were suppose to get only rain but boy mother nature sure reared her ugly head on this one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I have this thing called work which prohibits my getting at the lathe M-F. I have retirement envy and therefore no sympathy for a day away from the lathe. However shoveling snow sucks..... condolances Bernie!

Holy smokes, we got just a touch yesterday Bernie, but the rain melted it right after it hit, you guys really got slammed out there.
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Wow. Spring in Kansas sure is unpredictable huh? Hope it melts fast Bernie. I can thell that HF is still calling your name.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Bernie, I sure hope you get some warming temps soon!!! You really got dumped on - big time!