Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a phenolic sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by pat warner View Post
    I think you have a foogayzee!
    Have you ever Googled that term?

Mike

Without seeing a closer and in focus view of the broken corner to me it kinda looks like Garolite sheets, which is a compsite, resin material that can have anything laminated to top and bottom and weighs a ton

Just to let everyone know that I sent pieces out to different phenoilc sheet manufactures. will post the results when I get them. It does cut a real smooth finish on table saw and band saw. I also made one for my table saw and works out great. cuts threads real nice for leveling screws

Afternoon Steve,
    For Trespa's interior products, they are still derived from wood products, either as Kraft paper or compressed wood chips. When I toured the Trespa facility in Weert, Netherlands in March of 2010, they have huge spools of Kraft paper that are run through the phenolic resin and binders to create the dozen or so layers that makeup the core of the phenolic sheets. I'm not sure what causes the black core, possibly a colorant in the resin before it goes throught the electronic beaming process. As a side note, the mountains of saw dust at their facility was a site to see as I thought my shop created a lot saw dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    That last pic makes it look like a dry erase board / melamine.
    Melamine is the paper thin covering, not the board itself.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Both manufactures says it is XX Black paper phenolic sheet. There is a white film similar to a thin laminate but not a laminate they think it was sprayed on but not sure. to add a extra smoothness to the surface. Did a search on XX Black paper phenolic sheet came up with a price of $33.00-46.00 a square foot that is with out the white film. In my lifetime I will not use this much so I will be selling 1/2 of this sheet in the classified section.