Thread: Bosch miter saw news!

Bosch miter saw news!

This is a "heads-up" for all of you comtemplating buying a Bosch miter saw in the near future!! Last week while in communication with Bosch tools about another tool I learned that Bosch will be releasing the 4410L and the 4412L in February! Updated models with guide lasers. The prices are expected to be the same as the non-laser 4410 and 4412 saws! The release wil lbe both here in the U.S. and in Canada! Michelle, the helpful young ladyy I was emailing also informed me that Bosch is about to release a NEW 5412 miter saw. Sorry, I couldn't find any information on this new saw, either from Bosch or online! I hope this information is useful to some of you who are looking into the Bosch saws!

Joe, I called up one of my friends that sells Bosch tools. He confirmed that there will be new models with lasers... Didn't know the price though.

I want to know when one of the big boys like Bosch is going to release a longer stroke on these slide miters. I think that if one came out with something that could cross cut 16"-18" that they would take a huge step in market share. They all seam too think that 12" is the widest cut anyone wants/needs. When just today, I crosscut a 26 1/4" piece of 3/4" plywood And no, it wasn't on a miter saw, it is a great old DeWalt 14" radial arm saw.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lucas
    I want to know when one of the big boys like Bosch is going to release a longer stroke on these slide miters. I think that if one came out with something that could cross cut 16"-18" that they would take a huge step in market share. They all seam too think that 12" is the widest cut anyone wants/needs. When just today, I crosscut a 26 1/4" piece of 3/4" plywood And no, it wasn't on a miter saw, it is a great old DeWalt 14" radial arm saw.
    Mike, that for sure is the limitation of these saws. I think mose of the major companies are still building them for the contruction scene, not for us. The only other drawback to a longer cross cut would be reaching further to start the cut...