Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baltic Birtch

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Chapellaz View Post
    Hey Bill, I checked out that website and the cost for a 5 x 5 sheet is $23.00 each which is fairly expensive, and I'm not sure what the freight would be yet. Where do you get your own wood from?? I'm happy with the wood I get, but yes I wish it didn't have footballs on both sides. I also would like to find a supplier for wood strips. Lee Valley Tools has 3" x 24" at $8.50 each, but I'd like something a little wider than that.
    I don't do a 'lot' of birch, mostly photos, and I rarely cut shapes or ornaments etc.. If I need thin wood, I just buy a 12x24" sheet from Michael's (outrageously expensive), but I only buy 1 or 2 a year! I also use 1/4" G1S (no footballs) from Home Depot. The surface is good, I don't care if it laser cuts, because I cut it to size on the saw, and it reproduces photo's fairly well..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I just picked up a fresh load. $18.15/sheet for 5'x5' B/BB. This was a jump of a bit over $2/sheet from my last load (about 2 mos ago). I live in the sticks so my local lumber yard gets it in from Denver usually within a day or two. I may be able to save a few bucks/sheet to go get it myself but I haven't looked. It fits in the back of a full size pickup with no problems (It bends easily to fit) so the trip from the local store is no problem. I cut it at 30sp, 100p, 200hz on my Epilog 40W and it seems to cut well. There are occasionally some small spots I need to use an x-acto on but they are fairly rare.