Thread: Rikon 14" deluxe table inserts

Rikon 14" deluxe table inserts

Has anyone had to get one of these. I'm looking for either a direct replacement locally (louisville, ky) or source for the plastic to make my own. I found a source on the internet where I can buy 4 of them for 12 bucks and thats not a bad price until you factor in that I have to 11 bucks for shipping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What does a pirate dawg say?

I just bought a pack of them at Woodcraft I think they were 3/$10? Not only do they already fit the diameter, but the threaded holes are in place to transfer the set screws from the old insert to the new. Its hard to imagine a matched part being any easier or cheaper. If no WC stores locally, its an easy add on to build out a small order the next time a free shipping event happens.

Hi Matt,
    Could you give me the part # for Rikon14" deluxe.. I look at Woodcraft website but could not find it. They have only AccuRight insert that fits the Jet, and Delta.
    Thanks

Kirk,

Part number from Rikon is C10-391 (4 pk). I just looked at the various websites WC website doesn't list it, but I bought at the store in Allentown PA. While taking a break from visiting my in-laws. So, I know they carry them...replacement drive belts too. I'd try calling the customer support number. I am cleaning up and tuning the saw I recently got used and am finding that my motor doesn't seem to sit flush with the frame (that area of the frame seems a little bent/warped maybe stress on motor) and as a result the motor pulley seems to run out of coplaner with bottom saw wheel...all the manuals and websites are open.

I could have sworn I saw them on Woodcraft's website but can't seem to find them now. Have you checked into the shipping at Highland Hardware? I think thier shipping was around $6 last I looked.
    I ended up ordering a set from Rikon when I ordered a V belt just because the shipping was so high for the belt alone and the inserts did not change the shipping costs.
    http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/t...-bandsaws.aspx

They do not even carry Rikon at my local Woodcraft. There is one in Lexington an hour up the road where I bought it and they don't have them either. It's ridiculous that you can't get them where they sell the saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Huelsbeck View Post
    They do not even carry Rikon at my local Woodcraft. There is one in Lexington an hour up the road where I bought it and they don't have them either. It's ridiculous that you can't get them where they sell the saw.
    Did you call your local Woodcraft and ask if they could order them for you? Worth a shot.
    Mine has been very accomodating.. For example, they have ordered Festool and Whiteside stuff for me which they normally do not stock.

I have only been to the Woodcraft on Hurstborne once, it seemed a little on the small side. I am pretty much in the middle of Louisville and Lexington and end up in Lexington most of the time. Does Bargain Supply downtown carry Rikon?

Bargain supply does not carry Rikon and does not have anything near what I need. I'm going to fire up the lathe and make one out of Maple tomorrow. Will be 0 clearence.

Just call Rod or John at Rikon. They will stick 3 in an envelope and mail it. IIRC it was around $11, but it was a couple of years ago.

You can make your own if you want to. 1/4" lauan plywood -5.5 mm really- is very close to the correct thickness. I taped the factory insert to a slightly oversized plywood blank with double stick tape. Put a flush trimming bit in a router table router and adjust the height so the bearing runs on the factory insert's edge. Flush trim the plywood blank, cut a kerf, drill some holes for dust collection, shim with tape if necessary and you're in business. You can make the blade slot zero clearance or leave some space for table tilting & dust collection as you prefer-or make some of each. You could thread the plywood and use allen screws to adjust the height of the insert if you're so inclined but I didn't bother.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 04-23-2011 at 8:05 AM.

Problem is my factory insert is busted. But I did something a bit similar. I went to the borg and bought a blank plastic box cover. It's not quite thick enough but with the 4 set screws it works just fine. The plastic is really stiff. I am really bad at freehand cutting so the cut is a bit crooked, but it fits to the blade just fine. cost of the cover and 4 set screws (lost 2 of them when the factory insert broke) just over 2 bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field expediency. Good job.