Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turning room in garage

Thanks all so much for the replies. It looks like OSB is the way to go. I'll post a pic once I get it going.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

my only concern for a garage is dampness..the concrete is hdroscopic and can radiate lots of moisture, I would use whatever I needed to if I had moisture issues...other than that, anything goes.

I installed 5/8 OSB last year, and am pleased. Cabinets are hung from studs, but for all manner of hooks and racks, the osb holds fine.

I attached with decking screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Rich View Post
    my only concern for a garage is dampness..the concrete is hdroscopic and can radiate lots of moisture, I would use whatever I needed to if I had moisture issues...other than that, anything goes.
    I've found that a light coating of woodshavings helps with the moisture of the concrete floor. I try to keep an approximate shavings thickness to around 12 feet. After that...it's just too cumbersome.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Alen
    Put down plastic sheet then2 x4 on there side, stirayfoam sheet between 1 /2" ply on top.GReat for moister control and much better for your back and legs. Or get those heavy 2x2 squares of rubber that interlock.You can buy them for about $9.00 per 4 square pack.I started with them only infront of my lathe And have keep adding till now,my whole floor is covered.