Thread: Never ceases to amaze!

Never ceases to amaze!

In the short time i have been a SM member and donater,I have asked some doozy ques.'s.Most of them in this forum,but others as well.It never cease to amaze me the wealth of knowledge and exp. out there in SM Land.I would say 95% of the time or more,I get a pertinent answer within hrs. + No attitude,some grace, and usually some respect from a fellow sojourner woodworker/wood-turner. I read the posts,and about the time i'm about to jump in, somebody has got there answer..Keep it up, It's appreciated! Rob

Well come on Rob!!! Ask something...I'm watching Karate Kid for the 30th time! working on anything? something?
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

I certainly agree with your sentiments. 18 months ago, I would have never believed there was such a fine group to learn from, bounce ideas around with and recieve honest critiques. The comraderie here is amazing and with a great sense of humor to boot.

Totally agree. I visit about 4 other forums but this is the one I gravitate back to the most. We have great moderators who are always (seemingly) online to provide advice, encouraging word or critique. Unlike other forums, the technology behind this one is the most intuitive and uploading pictures is very simple.

I am pleasantly surprised often when I look to see who else is online and I will see well-known names of folks who are regulars on the presenters/demonstrator circuit. These are people I have spoken to in person, sat in a demo, took a class, or read articles/books they authored. SMC is tops.

Yup all that too. I'm a much better turner because of all these folks. And, would never have attempted making the hollowing system without the inspiration from this place. Great work that's shared, great ideas and suggestions. Love it.

Ahh, yes. And so willing to help you drain your bank account too!
    David DeCristoforo

The 'creek', at least to me, is much more than a forum. I'm a member of many forums, dealing with many subjects. SMC is one of the few forums that I participate in, where I feel a real connection with the folks I talk with. And don't mind those California guys...they just like to mess with the rest of us. BTW congrats DD(Two posts in one)

true indeed, i've yet to figure out why it is but woodturners just seems to be a jolly bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by alex carey View Post
    true indeed, i've yet to figure out why it is but woodturners just seems to be a jolly bunch.
    It's because they spin large pieces of jagged stuff at high speed and then stick steel stuff into it. It takes all the ego out, and the only thing left is Jolly.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

I totally agree with the comments! I got on here almost a year ago and have seen and experienced the same thing - lot of folks with great experience and willingness to share - it is much appreciated!