Thread: Please help me with dust collector/pipe/fitting compatability!

Please help me with dust collector/pipe/fitting compatability!

System right now-Oneida V2000 with metal 6>5 reducer at the machine. 25 feet of 5 inch flex with a 5>4 reducer to hook up to tools one at time. It works but I'm tired of tripping over hose and hooking up machines.

I want to run 6 inch thinwall pvc on the ceiling with maybe 4 drops in the shop (longest run about 25 feet). I planned to drop the 6 inch pvc to about 7 feet above the floor then attach a Clear Vue blast gate (I heard they are compatable with the thin-wall). Below the blast gate I want to cut up my five inch flex and install 5>4 reducers to hook up to all my tools.

Here's what I need to know (unless my plan is dumb-then let me know that as well).

1. What fitting do I use to get from the 6 inch port on the cyclone to 6 inch thinwall pvc?

2. What fitting do I use to get from the 6 inch PVC to the 5 inch flex?

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE/EDIT: I got to thinking...it may be more economical to put the blast gates on the 5 inch flex-I think Lee Valley's gates are for flex pipe. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to have the gate higher or lower on the drops? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Clisby Clark; 05-04-2011 at 8:43 PM. Reason: New question

What I did was to heat up a piece of 6" pvc and coax it over the inlet. It took a little trimming on the near side in the photo because the inlet stub on my V3000 was fairly short and the pipe was hitting the cone before the pipe was on as far as I wanted it to be. I put the hose clamp on while the pipe was still soft to get a good seal.

I don't know about the Lee Valley blast gates but I do have some of the clear vue ones and they are definitely worth the money.

IMG_0547.JPG