Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your shop pets

Blog Entries
    Tippy Hunting a Squirrel.jpg
    This is Tippy - abandoned after Hurricane Ike, I got her from a rescue center in April following Ike. Machines don't bother her. If i sit down on my stool that means it's time for a petting. Mixed breed - great friend. The knothole in the fence is where she keeps an eye on the street behind us.

Blog Entries
    Jim,

What kind of pup is Tippy? (Used to have a dog named Tippy )
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Jim,

What kind of pup is Tippy? (Used to have a dog named Tippy )
    She's a mixed breed. Looks like an over-sized chihuahua from some angles. I think some Corgi, some terrier, who knows what else. To me, that's the best kind of dog.

Those are some great looking pets you all have. So I guess I'll post mine as well.

This is Izzie (I just call her Iz). She only hangs out in the shop on occassion as I work in the basement and she can't see out the windows
    and isn't fond of the noise. But yet she will work (really she just runs, sits, or lays) by my all day on the farm and even around tractors
    and machinery. It must be the outdoors.

By the way, she is half Wheaten Terrier, half English Bulldog. We call her a Wheatebull.
    Izzie2.jpgDSCN0334.jpgDSCN0237.jpgDSCN0725.jpg

Blog Entries
    This is Rocky, unfortunately, after 17 years we had to have him put down last week. He had 16 good years & one pretty difficult one, still missing him a lot.
    Dennis
    IMG_0185.jpg

6. This is my crew waiting for me to come out of the bath room, to go to the shop. Ralph, Maggie, and Rusty,the cat that thinks he is a dog
    IMG_1391 (Large).jpg

One of 3 - this is Hannah the Shepherd. Loves to be next to me or Lorena all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Shop Kitty

Here's my "helper", Pita. Yup, Pain in the a--. The only time she wants attention is when I'm trying to get something done. It's funny, when I turn a bowl she likes to lay under the lathe until she's covered with shavings then pops up and runs through the house. My wife doesn't think it's too funny though.
    My money talks to me... It says Good Bye.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Kodi & Ella are both Lab rescue dogs. Ella, the black lab was a huge challenge to get under control. We almost threw in the towel a few times with her. Perseverance paid off, she is now one of the best dogs I have ever had, LOTS of personality but also very loving. Kodi must have come from a strict home. He has been perfectly behaved from the day he walked in the door but has insecurity issues.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Okay, granted it's not a wood shop, it's a granite shop. Here's Spooky! He's helping a customer select a color for new countertops.
    spooky - choosing samples.jpg

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Here are Annie and Skittles. Annie is the boxer and Skittles is the mix. Both are great dogs. Skittles is a killer...and not just with the ladies. He'll kill anything he can catch...foxes, groundhogs, rabbits, and most recently (a few days ago) a raccoon. Groundhogs are the only ones we WANT him to kill, but he can't really tell the difference. Skunks are the one I REALLY don't want him to kill...for obvious reasons. But, as it turns out, raccoons don't smell really purdy either...and difficult to get the musky smell out of your dog.

I have to admit, though, neither dog is in the shop much. Annie would eat anything she could. And Skittles would get wiggy when any machine would turn on. So, they aren't "shop dogs".

Sometimes I think Annie "ain't too bright". I think she thinks she's a cat. When on walks, she'll run way up infront of us, then stop, spin around, and stalk us...like she's a cat or something. She paws at the air with that paw that is "up" as we near, then pounces when we get close enough... hehe, very cute actually.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    Ah, loooove Annie and Skittles... Annie loves to board check you like she's a hockey player as she runs up from behind, then turns around with that "What, did I do something?" look from 50 feet ahead.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

This is my boy, lays at my feet while I sit at my desk, untill I turn the blower on for the laser, then he's outta here. Pure breed, papered English Bull.sgt pepper.jpg

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

That's a good looking pup! What's his name?

Yeah, Dan, she's good at that, isn't she? Taught her everything I know...
    I drink, therefore I am.