Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your shop pets

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Leigh View Post
    That's a good looking pup! What's his name?
    His name is Sgt. Pepper.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

I'm kind of skeered to post a pic of my snake LOL

I'm a big fan of boxers so love Annie! She would love my shop buddy Bo (tiny photo of Bo in my avatar). Don't know if Annie knows any other boxers but it's fun to watch two boxers play. I have no idea re the origin of the name, but when Bo plays with Otis (our son's boxer) they do remind me of two fighters clinching and throwing jabs with their front paws.

Mike, pic #1 is priceless!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Jim, she's our second boxer, and yes it is fun seeing boxers play with one another. Our mix doesn't "get" the boxing things, but he does bob and weave to avoid the jabs very nicely, though.

She is Annie because my wife loves the book Where the Red Fern Grows. The dogs' names in the book are Old Dan and Little Ann. So, that explains her name. However, as a dog owner for many years (pretty much my entire life...yeah, come to think of it, my entire life...) I can't even fathom the thought of two dogs being able to distinguish their own names between Dan and Ann...let alone hounds on the hunt. Great names for a story, but in real life, not the most effective job at naming your pets.

And yes, she would LOVE playing with your Bo. She is a small girl (50 lbs) but one of, if not THE, most limber, agile, and athletic dogs I've ever know. From a stand still, she can jump creeks. Or when startled by a twig (while on a walk), she can get vertical with no effort at all...not even so much as a "load up" to spring up. Anyway, your Bo looks like a love.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Thanks, Bruce. Little Annie has got such an underbite, it is amazing that she can chew or bite anything. Here are a couple of pics of it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I drink, therefore I am.

These are the girls

The first one with the attitude issue is Amelia Earhardt, thusly named for her adventurous spirit. As you can see she has thrown her toys in the water bowl and was taunting us about "what are you going to do about it?" She likes to lay in the door of the shop and watch for squirrels until whatever piece of equipment I'm working with gets shut off, then it's "let's go see how under foot I can get" for attention at times. Of course I really don't understand why she will stay out there with the dust collecter running, she sees the vacuum cleaner pulled out and she is out of there before it is even turned on. She is 10 years old.

The second one is Natasha Fatale, she is a bit more laid back as you can see. She will come into the shop and find her blanket and well that is where she will stay until of course either "Moose or Squirrel" goes by. Well maybe if we had Moose here anyway, guess we will need to move to Frostbite Falls, MN for that. She is 9 years old.

Of course you would know I don't exactly have any of them in the shop but I swear they really do come out there.

And yes, they are the ones in my avatar, and no that was not taken on Halloween, it was taken on Sep 19, Who knows what is specail about that? BTW it's my girlfriend who dresses them up, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What does a pirate dawg say?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Larrabee View Post
    I'm kind of skeered to post a pic of my snake LOL
    As long as it's not eating the shop bird, we're okay with it Although some might not argue if it's eating the shop rats.

Mike, I had no idea that's how Annie got her name... I remember reading Where the Red Fern Grows back in 3rd grade (?).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Hehe, yeah... Also, hence the farm name...Red Fern.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Here's a photo of Ellington, my shop cat.

He doesn't mind the sound of machinery, and loves the shavings from the lathe.

He also helps with machinery setup, in this case inspecting the shaper setup when I was machining some exterior window sills for my Mom's house..........Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Huelsbeck View Post
    The first one with the attitude issue is Amelia Earhardt, thusly named for her adventurous spirit. As you can see she has thrown her toys in the water bowl and was taunting us about "what are you going to do about it?"
    Love it, Rick! We have another shop cat, but I don't have a pic. Her name is Earline. (Earl until we discovered he was a she). Anytime she finds a rubber band somewhere around the office she places it in her food bowl. I once found 9 rubber bands in the bowl at one time. She also likes to bring in lizards and frogs, etc., and put them in the food bowl. With a lizard, she tucks him in the corner and then lays down to watch. If he tries to crawl out of the bowl she swats him back in and then tucks him under the food with her nose!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Ollie is gone now (turn tears on). But he sure was a good ole boy. There will never be another like him for me (turn tears off)

Just look at my avitar to see my shop cat. If he is not napping here, he will bring a ball to me and keep droping it on my foot until I throw it, so we can play fetch.

My other cat is a siamese and stays out of the shop.

Jim, he is (sorry, was) quite a beautiful boy! I'm a sucker for boxers. We got Annie a few months after our boxer,Tasha, passed on. She made it to 13 1/2. She had a brain tumor at 8, and later developed spondylosis (fusing of the spine...in her case from neck to tail), but could somehow still run and play til the end. I am convinced that what kept her going was her love for "mommy".
    I drink, therefore I am.

This is Ricochet (Shea for short), my shop dog. She's a rescue, about 16 months old now, and is a real "Daddy's Girl". Although most of the animals on the farm are some type of stray or mixed breed, Shea is a purebred Belgian Malinois that we obtained from a rescue org down in Florida.

Shea_scott Shop.jpg

All of my shop cats keep getting adopted by customers! At least that "makes room at the inn" for another rescue.