Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Let's see your shop pets

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You both have the same smile!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

My avatar is our senior shop cat, Roosevelt. Murray here is still brushing up on his technique, as you can see.

murray reading.jpg

Here's Bernie. He adopted me. He's such a good boy.

Mike
    Bernie2.jpg
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Here is a picture of Jake doing his favorite thing when he is not hanging around the shop.Jake SMC.jpg
    All I have to say is "Let's go for a boat ride" and he will run for the truck.
    Gary

"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness. " Thomas Jefferson

Now that's a happy boy, Gary!
    I drink, therefore I am.

2011 Shop Dog.jpg

Thats my Bailey ... he's not letting me clean up !!!!!

Blog Entries
    Here's my Mandy. We got her when she was a year old. She's 9 now.

She is originally from York, Pa. Our daughter lived there at the time and helped us find her.

She dosent care for the noise of the tools but she comes out and joins my wife and me when we are talking or drinking coffee.

PHM
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe I mentioned my new friend the other day...

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Oohh...big fan of "dogs on a boat" shots!

My shop buddy Bo on the lake and the 2nd is with my son on a short Sea-Doo ride (PFD required of course!). Odd, but Bo will hardly go outside for his morning "business trip" when it's raining but he loves to swim in the lake.
    Last edited by Jim McFarland; 06-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Yeah, Dan saw a couple of those when we were cuttin' up wood the other day. He got a pic of one. Can you see it? Smack in the middle of the picture. Man, I hate spiders...
    I drink, therefore I am.

This is my My Shop supervisor Judge (AKA Dogzilla). He's an eleven year old Mastiff.
    The second picture in the shop looks like he's getting "recharged"
    dogzilla01.JPGzzz dogzilla super.jpg
    Jim Davenport
    Reporting from the depths of the Magic Garage

First dog is Rudy. I had to put him to sleep five weeks ago, at 11.5 years.

I got him when he was sixteen weeks. He had been returned to a breeder because he was vicious. A friend that knew I was looking for a dog told me about the situation, and asked me if I knew of many vicious lab puppies. Nope. More likely: Someone had a kid that liked to tease and/or abuse animals.

I sent my wife and two daughters to "check him out" while I was at work. Wife called from the car on the way home and I heard barking. She said "he's teething." Well, YEAH! He is a puppy. I could barely wait to get home from work that day. Rudy instantly bonded with everyone in the family, and I started taking him to work with me every day shortly thereafter.

Never displayed a vicious tendency a day in his life.

He had three large seizures in the last two years. His last was so bad he just couldn't seem to recover. He couldn't move his left rear leg, and he shook like a leaf for hours. Making the decision to put him to sleep was the the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. God, I miss him. He was my constant (24-hour) companion for nearly a dozen years.

I had wanted to wait a while before getting another dog, but wife insisted I cannot live without a dog. She and daughters volunteer at the local humane society and found a beagle/lab (beagalor) and brought him home for me.

I've had him one week. He is now nine weeks old. He is doing great with his housebreaking.

Name: Roy Rogers. He came with the name, and I kinda like it. We call him Roy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    First dog is Rudy. I had to put him to sleep five weeks ago, at 11.5 years.

I got him when he was sixteen weeks. He had been returned to a breeder because he was vicious. A friend that knew I was looking for a dog told me about the situation, and asked me if I knew of many vicious lab puppies. Nope. More likely: Someone had a kid that liked to tease and/or abuse animals.

I sent my wife and two daughters to "check him out" while I was at work. Wife called from the car on the way home and I heard barking. She said "he's teething." Well, YEAH! He is a puppy. I could barely wait to get home from work that day. Rudy instantly bonded with everyone in the family, and I started taking him to work with me every day shortly thereafter.

Never displayed a vicious tendency a day in his life.

He had three large seizures in the last two years. His last was so bad he just couldn't seem to recover. He couldn't move his left rear leg, and he shook like a leaf for hours. Making the decision to put him to sleep was the the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. God, I miss him. He was my constant (24-hour) companion for nearly a dozen years.

I had wanted to wait a while before getting another dog, but wife insisted I cannot live without a dog. She and daughters volunteer at the local humane society and found a beagle/lab (beagalor) and brought him home for me.

I've had him one week. He is now nine weeks old. He is doing great with his housebreaking.

Name: Roy Rogers. He came with the name, and I kinda like it. We call him Roy.
    Phil,

I'm glad you had such a good dog in Rudy and hope Roy does great.

Note to Jim Davenport, I would think that however Judge wants it is how it will be.

PHM