Thread: Cabinet Part Software

Cabinet Part Software

I mostly use my CNC for solid wood machining. It would be nice if I could whip a couple of cabinet boxes every so often and drop them on the CNC for machining.

I could get a full fledged software like Microvellum or CabinetVision, but they seem overkill for the few times a year I need to make a few cabinets.

Can anyone recommend a small level cabinet package that can export DXF cut files. I do have MasterCam Router Pro so it can do the nesting for me.

Any users of Routercad or Cab-2-Nest?
    Grothouse Lumber Company
    Andi Stratus Pro, ILS12.150, Solidworks 2012, AutoCad 2012, MasterCam X6, Coreldraw X6

I use Cabinet Parts Pro, there is a free fully functional demo http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/

Mick
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

I use easycab V9.0, http://www.easycab.com/

Dave
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

Thanks guys, can you elaborate on the packages and how you use them?
    Grothouse Lumber Company
    Andi Stratus Pro, ILS12.150, Solidworks 2012, AutoCad 2012, MasterCam X6, Coreldraw X6

Well, I can speak a little for the cabinetpartspro - I'm just getting into the CNC side of things and I need to build a few cabinets for my own shop. CPP will let you design and build your cabinets and export them as DFX's... all for free. The free version has a few limitations - you're limited on the number of custom cabinets you can save and you can only export one sheet at a time... which is a pain if your trying to build a kitchen, not so much for a few cabinets... especially if you're making them pretty much the same.

You can however, build upper cabinets, lower cabinets, corner cabinets, desks, drawers... just about anything you can think of. The 'full version' let's you build your custom library and batch your dfx exports... and it's only $250. You can spend that on one cabinet...

Paul,

I've found Cabinet Parts Pro to be very easy to use. I like the ability to make a few cabinets here or there but don't do it very often. Would be madness to invest in a full featured design suite. CPP lets you get the job done, though.

I built some very simple built-in computer desks for an odd space using the software. Lots of fun, saved some $ and learned a lot. It's also very easy to export the files to another program (such as Aspire) to customize.

Certainly, I would recommend trying out the free version as you have nothing to lose.

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work Richard. Now you can make RTA furniture! What material is that, melamine coated particle board? And where did you get it?

Thanks
    George

Thanks George. It's not fine furniture but it fit the bill nicely and made the wife happy. She actually thinks the cnc might have been a good idea now.

Material is just good old melamine-coated particle board bought at Home Depot. Heavy but I had no issues with the material and how it worked under the spindle.