Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of range can I expect to get from a digital TV Signal

The bottom line will be what kind of transmission strength each station broadcasts at. There is no harm in trying out what you can get outside of the cost of the antenna and mounting it. But do that before you cancel your sat service...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We don't go full digital in Canada until September, so I still have some time. I would imagine many of the major stations are already digital, I have not seen a standard 'tuner' on a new TV for quite some time..
    If I can eventually get rid of the sat tv. which is pushing 1k bucks a year, I can buy some pretty fancy signal boosters and stuff for that kind of money anyway..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Bill,

I don't think that antennaweb.org, which was already mentioned, covers Canada but tvfool.com does. That site will give you all the tools that you need to choose an antenna and point it in the right direction. You will probably need a good hi-gain directional antenna to get more than one channel.

Even though the antennaweb.org site does not cover Canada, it will also give you some good advice on selecting the right antenna.
    Mike Conley

Software Developer
    Epilog Mini 18 40 watts, Quatro fume extractor, CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5, CadLink Engravelab PhotoLaser Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Conley View Post
    Bill,

I don't think that antennaweb.org, which was already mentioned, covers Canada but tvfool.com does. That site will give you all the tools that you need to choose an antenna and point it in the right direction. You will probably need a good hi-gain directional antenna to get more than one channel.

Even though the antennaweb.org site does not cover Canada, it will also give you some good advice on selecting the right antenna.

Hey!! Great Thanks Mike.. I was hoping there was a Canadian version someplace.. I'll check it out..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I have no idea if this works or not, but there is wood involved and it will thin out the wire coat hanger herd a little, plus it reminds me of 'Blue Peter'.

http://cdn.makezine.com/make/televis...enna_FINAL.pdf

CH