Thread: Adding dust collection to older Grizzly G1023 table saw??

Adding dust collection to older Grizzly G1023 table saw??

So has anyone here added dust collection to a Grizzly 1023 saw. I just bought a 90's era one for a good price but just realized there was no provision for dust collection. The side with the motor is just open. I guess I'll have to fabricate a cover with a port built in or something like this.

You can buy a motor cover from Grizzly. Part number is P1023108 on the somewhat newer saws. It's basically a metal box with a few vents. Dust collection was through the "trap door" on the other side of the saw.http://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g1023z_pl.pdf.

Ok, well thats simple enough. I can probably just modify my trap door and add a dust port. I'm not sure how well the side cover would work. It would probably cover the motor fine but since my switch is mounted to the right side and wired straight to the motor I could see that not working real well. I guess if I relocated and rewired the switch that would help but thats a lot of work.

Yeah it's a hassle moving the switch. It could be a good opportunity to move it to the left of the saw, so you're away from the firing line of a kickback if you need to turn off the saw in an emergency. Just a thought.

The Grizzly motor cover is essentially what's on my Shop Fox W1677. I've been wanting to add a ramp inside the door to prevent it from becoming a dust shelf, which is what it is now. The bottom of the saw is ramped, but it's not steep enough so I've pondered increasing the angle of the bottom.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....