View Poll Results: Which router lift is the best?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jessum

14 17.95%
  • Kreg

1 1.28%
  • Incra

18 23.08%
  • Other

45 57.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best router lift

Best router lift

Funny, just as I was about to start this thread (which I had been contemplating for some time), I noticed another lift thread...

So, which lift have you used, and which do you feel is the best. Feel free to say why.
    I drink, therefore I am.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    It's hard to say which is best unless you have owned or used them all. That said, I have been very happy with my Bench Dog setup. It's very solid.
    I also have a Router Raizer in my crosscut table that works fine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Sacrilege, how could one overlook the original and best of the lot, PRL.
    Mike Harrison

I've used the Jessum and Bench Dog Pro Lift. The Pro Lift is the better of the two by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Morris View Post
    I've used the Jessum and Bench Dog Pro Lift. The Pro Lift is the better of the two by far.
    Router Raizer & Pro Lift for me and no comparison -- Pro Lift is all I will ever need.

The reason for my question is that I don't have nor do I have space for a shaper. The best I can do is put a router lift system in my TS extension table. I've been thinking of this for some time and considered the three that I listed in the poll. Glad I did this. Seems the Bench Dog Pro Lift is winning this contest. Is that the same as the PRL that Mike referenced?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike,

The PRL refers to Woodpeckers Precision Router Lift. However, it has just been discontinued. I was lucky enough for it to still be produced when I was in the market last fall.

Take a look at the new version - PRL v2. The PRL v2 can also be had with with a side crank attached. It is called the Sidewinder 420.

When you check Woodpeckers lift, the decision making will become harder. Sorry.

I was under the impression that Woodpecker made the Kreg lift....

I use a Jessem, but I think the Woodpeckers Lifts are some of the best out now. I really wish my Jessem had a Quick Lift feature.

There is no best list, there's Woodpeckers and there's everything else.

Actually Woodpeckers makes Both the Kreg and The Incra. Funny that they would list both of then and not the PRL for voting on.

Looks like "Other" is a runaway favorite.
    How 'bout a moderator expanding the menu of brands/models to be more reflective of the choices mentioned by respondents?

BobV

I have used PRL and the Pro Lift. In my opinion the Pro Lift is better, It's beefier, and can be screwed down to the table. some people being able to screw it down isn't that significant, and to that I say run a 3-1/2" diameter raised panel door bit, and get back to me.

The only down side of it, is that it now comes with plastic inserts. I made new ones out of aluminum, but you could make them out of wood as well.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-17-2011 at 2:55 PM.
    -Dan

I posted some of this in the other lift thread

I have a PC7518 with a Kreg (Woodpeckers PRL) lift with a Wixey Remote Digital Readout in a full size kreg table with a kreg fence and a Rockler Dustbucket below. I'm very happy with this setup
    Last edited by Bill Trouard; 05-17-2011 at 3:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have a Jessem, an Incra and a Rockler (Jessem) The incra has the quick height adjustment but sticks sometimes. The old Jessem I have has a belt to lift and plastic gears. I've had to replace both on that one. The Rockler has worked flawlessly but takes for ever to move up and down. Out of the three I would say that my Incra stands out in the crowd as the best.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.