Thread: What are the heigths of the Robust 25 and Vl300 banjos?

What are the heigths of the Robust 25 and Vl300 banjos?

Can anyone tell me the height of a Robust 25 and/or Vicmarc vl300 toolrest from the ways to top of banjo? I do realize they are 25 and 24 inch swing, respectively.

Can anyone point me to more detailed pics of the AB25? I have seen a few shots and I have seen all the images on the robust site.

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

The height of the VL300 from the ways to the top of the banjo is right at 8", if you include the insert, which allows you to use a 1" tool rest, it is 8 3/16". Don't have a clue about the Robust. Give my regards to Dave Schweitzer next time you see him. He was just here in April for a demo and workshop. Would love to have you come to Salem in 2012.......

Regards,

Terry Gerros
    Willamette Valley Woodturners
    Salem, Oregon

Bill,

On the Robust American Beauty, I get about 8" from the ways to the top of the banjo (post end). About 2 1/2" elsewhere.

Ken

Terry and Ken,

Thank much. I am doing some pre symposium homework on some lathes on my short list to really check out in St. Paul. Vl300, Robust 25, and Magma Titan 400 in terms of how they fit my own needs.

Haven't had my hands on a Robust or Magma yet, and haven't turned on a vl300 for a while (since before they freed up the controls). I will be spending a bunch of time in the vendor's areas to be sure this year.

Bill