Thread: IE question

IE question

I often have multiple browsers open using Internet Explorer. When I click on the x in the upper right corner to close a browser window, I get a pop up box asking if I want to close this window or all browsers opened. I know I can go to the browser icons on my lower tool bar to close individual browsers but am in the habit of closing by clicking on the x in the upper right corner. Is there any way I can get this pop up to stop popping? Any help is appreciated.

I think to close a individual browser you must open it first then x out.

Not positive I understand what you want....but you can disable the pop-up warning by: Internet Options, Tabs/Settings and de-select "Warn me when closing multiple tabs"

I use IE9 so may be a bit different if you're using another version.

version of IE and version of operating system please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What does a pirate dawg say?

Sounds like you're using IE6... First thing you should do is upgrade to at least IE7. IE9 is the current version. They have tabbed browsing and while it will ask you once that same question about closing multiple tabs, there is an checkbox option to always remember your selection.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morgan View Post
    Sounds like you're using IE6... First thing you should do is upgrade to at least IE7. IE9 is the current version. They have tabbed browsing and while it will ask you once that same question about closing multiple tabs, there is an checkbox option to always remember your selection.
    IE 8 is the most current version for XP. IE 9 is only for windows 7

Sean,
    I have IE9 running on Vista. There are some things that I don't understand how to do yet but have done work arounds so I can use it like I did the earlier version.
    David B