First off I want to say hello to the forum members as I am new to the forum here but have been lurking around for a few weeks to get a feel for the group. I found a used Rigid TS3650 which was one street over from me and bought it today. The table had some minor surface rust which i took care of and it now is nicely polished and waxed. The issue I have is this particular saw did not come with the Herculift mobile base and as most of you know this saw weighs a ton. I need to be able to move the saw around my garage to make room for other operations so I am wondering if I should purchase the base from Rigid or look elsewhere for an aftermarket base that might be better?

The other issue is the measuring scale on the fence rail isn't even close to being accurate. Should this be accurate provided it was installed properly? I would love to be able to set my cuts using the scale but as it is now it is unusable. Do any of you who use this saw use the scale on the rail to make your cuts or do you just use the time honored tradition of measuring from the fence to the blade?

I am loving this saw so far. I made some initial test cuts this evening after cleaning it up with a 60T Freud and it cuts like butter and is surprisingly quiet for a tablesaw. I still wore my ear muffs but I was totally blown away with how quiet this saw is. The blade to mitre slot measurements are perfect and when I measured from the fence to the blade front and back they were both dead on. I did not put my dial indicator on it yet but using a good ruler and square all the measurements seemed to be dead on. I will mess with it some more tomorrow and over the weekend. I have to start building a shed we got last year so hoping to get some use this weekend out of my new to me TS3650.......Happy camper!