Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Face Shield

Blog Entries
    I can't say it enough, throw away the safety glasses, they are only for sweeping the floor. A shield is the only way to go. I'm a rather handsom guy (LMAO), I don't want something ripping my face off. Be it a table saw, drill press, lathe or any other power tool with fast moving parts, glasses are not enough. We all are saddened by the latest tragety, we need to keep this in the back of our minds every time your finger is on the power switch. I'm glad to hear a story that proves my point. Glad you weren't hurt. Another thing to keep in mind, how many times has something grabbed, flew or did something that would have injured you had you not been using a safety device. So many times we don't even give it a second thought and went right back to the work at hand never even considering what could have happened otherwise. Be safe my friends.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I have just recently started turning with no incidences. I am going to purchase a face shield this weekend before I wish I had. If it happens to the experienced guy, I gotta figure the rookies like me are more susceptable.

Thanks for the thread Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by bob svoboda View Post
    Glad you weren't hurt. Hmmm if you lacquered in the nude, would you then be safe to fry bacon?
    Glad your ok Dick, I wear mine all the time too. I've hit my head on enough stuff already...

As to the nude laquering/bacon cooking question... I think it depends on how liberally you apply the lacquer as to whether it is safe to cook bacon afterwards
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein