Thread: New Humidor...

Blog Entries

New Humidor...

It's been a while since I've posted in here.... Life has a way of giving you too much to do... but, that's not such a bad thing....

I have, as of mid-February, taken up woodworking as my bread & butter... and I can say that it's been good! I moved to Charleston one year ago today and when I left, I had just finished up Humidor #43.... one year later, I've just completed #120 shown below... Plus a few jewelry boxes here and there.... making a lot of sawdust!

This humidor is constructed out of Movingui & Cocobolo.... the Movingui is probably around 50 years old, according to my wood vendor.... He said we won't see another piece like it... He's probably right, because I haven't ever seen anything like it... good chance I probably won't see it again.... Even the spanish cedar has some curl in it....

Enjoy! And, thanks for looking

That is pretty! I'd love to make something like that but I need an end table sized humidor for all of my stogies.

Very nice wood and work !
    MARK

Ed, I was wondering where you disappeared to! As always, your work is impeccable.
    I have never heard of Movingui but it is very interesting, almost iridescent.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That is one fine looking humidor Ed. Sweet work as usual.
    Good to hear life is treating you well.

Great work Ed, you are one of the insperations that gets me to work through the pain and get into the shop. Keep it up and keep me going.

Blog Entries
    Just beautiful Ed. Thanks for sharing a very special piece.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ed, Are you building humidors professionally? If yes $$$ ?? If no, can you share your plans? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ade View Post
    Ed, Are you building humidors professionally? If yes $$$ ?? If no, can you share your plans? Thanks.
    I do build these professionally.... I wouldn't mind sharing a plan.... but, I don't use 'em.... Just sort of wing it with each one.

great humidor Ed.