Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hollowing System / AAW Symposium

New Hollowing System / AAW Symposium

Most have already figured out that I like turning hollow forms Well I have been working with Carter Products on a new Hollowing System named the Hollow Roller. I've been using it for awhile now and to put it simply, it works extremely well. It is safe, simple and easy to use. Anyone looking for a hollowing system, beginners and experts alike, should give this serious consideration. I've attached a photo of the first piece I turned with it. The piece is dry ash and was hard as concrete. It measures 6" dia. x 8-5/8" tall. Walls are 1/16" to 1/8". I did not use any tape, saran wrap or anyting else to hold it together while turning. (yes I did wear a faceshield). No sanding or finish has been done, which is obvious.

Now, for those that are interested, on a volunteer basis, I will be Demoing this new system in the Carter Products booth at the Sypmosium in St. Paul so I won't be hard to find . Would like to meet ya !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Keeton; 05-24-2011 at 6:46 AM.
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

That is aawesome - the wood, the shape or lack thereof! Great job!
    I won't be attending the symp[osium - where else can we find out more about the Hollow Roller?

Wheres picture of hollower? You guys are teasers!

"Wheres picture of hollower? You guys are teasers!"

That's just what I said...
    David DeCristoforo

Oh great. Something else I might "have to" buy at the trade show!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Keith you are a big 'ole tease! Where is the pic of the new system?? Great Hf BTW...

I want one and I don't even know what it is!!! Or, how much it costs or how long it will take to get one.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

can you put a red balloon from the headstock???? looking forward to seeing hollowing system and meeting you Kieth

If we promise to come by and look at the demo even if you post a picture, will you post one? Pwease?

I won't be able to make it to the Symposium. Please call my house and arrange for a private viewing at my home. I will provide everything you need...maps...hotel recommendations....where McDonalds is....
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

I can't wait to see it, Keith. I went to the website but did not find it. If you are using it, it must me good!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Sounds good I would like to see it but wont be going to the AAW, when will you post here so the folks not going can see it?
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Why would I want one of those things? You blew a big whole in the side of that piece with it, and I'm currently capable of doing exactly that with my existing tooling. Sheesh.

Looking forward to seeing you at the symposium!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Pretty fragile looking HF! Looking forward to seeing you and the system that created this!