Thread: Wood Gloat

Wood Gloat

Found this great log just down the street from us. Nicely spalted maple. Spent about an hour cutting while the lol lugged the blocks to the car. This is about the first 4 feet of a 10-12 foot log. It poured all day today so didn't get a chance to go back for more but hope to tomorrow.

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great haul, and a great mate to heft it to the car!!

good find, great gloat, its real nice when it is convient

WOW! Congrats on that beautiful wood! Hope you can go back and save the rest! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Looks like some nice stuff! Good to find something so close and convenient.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Michael
    Something must be wrong with your chainsaw. My chainsaw runs great in the rain. But my LOL Hauler goes bad in the rain just like yours.
    Enjoy
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

That looks like a pile of fun to me!! Nice score!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Did the first rough turning and hollowing of a piece today. I've never hollowed wet wood before so it was an interesting experience. Hopefully I can keep finding nice pieces inside the rough wood like I did today.

Frank - nothing wrong with the chainsaw it's the operator who doesn't work well in the rain! The previous time it was the sweat running into my eyes that prevented me from seeing. Yesterday I think the rain would have provided a curtain as it was just teeming down.

The lol actually is quite the driving force behind getting this wood although just a few minutes ago she came out into the garage and asked about where we were going to put all this wood. I looked at her and then just glanced behind me to the floor and told her it was summer. My son always likes to kid me that he knows when it is summer because I seem to always fill the garage with stuff. I guess I better get the shed a little more organized since it seems that the garage is wanted for a car. Go figure!

Michael